Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Does anyone know what the seat comfort package is (code:u59)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Mercedes CLA Forum mobile app

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Hi,

If you don't order it, your car will come with a stone bench...ok just kidding

Sorry, haven't heard of it. Must be outside US. Heated seats perhaps ? multi way power adjustment ?

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Hi,

Here it is:

Seat comfort package
Arrive more relaxed, even after a long journey – with the optional seat comfort package. It consists of a height-adjustable front passenger seat, seat cushion angle adjustment for the front seats, and a lumbar support, which help to prevent signs of fatigue by providing extra support for the back.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
So in the US where sport package is standard do we get stone bucket seats unless we get this upgrade?
Sport suspension is standard. Mercedes has a conspiracy with the dentists and urologists - with the AMG driver package with 20% stiffer spring and 1.5" lower ride height than the standard sport package, the car will loosen some fillings and dislodge kidney stones...

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Sport suspension is standard. Mercedes has a conspiracy with the dentists and urologists - with the AMG driver package with 20% stiffer spring and 1.5" lower ride height than the standard sport package, the car will loosen some fillings and dislodge kidney stones...
I'll let you know if this is true, ill be ordering Amg driver pkg.

Sent from my iPhone using Mercedes CLA Forum mobile app

·
Registered
2,921 Posts

How are the roads in LI. My kids are in Manhattan and Brooklyn and the roads are not great. At least MB is smart enough to not supply run flats for the CLA45.
The combo of AMG driver package and run flats will simply be too much. I am an older guy and ride comfort has become more important with age. I don't go for the last 2/10th. Traded that in for a smooth ride.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
How are the roads in LI. My kids are in Manhattan and Brooklyn and the roads are not great. At least MB is smart enough to not supply run flats for the CLA45.
The combo of AMG driver package and run flats will simply be too much. I am an older guy and ride comfort has become more important with age. I don't go for the last 2/10th. Traded that in for a smooth ride.
There not as bad as in the city but its probably like anywhere else, some good some bad. +1 on not having runflats. It's funny I just got out of my car after 4 hr trip to Boston and my back was hurting when I stepped out of the car. I'm hoping its due to a late night hockey game last night otherwise you may have changed my mind on Amg driver pkg. lol

·
Registered
2,921 Posts

BTW, you know how the repair kit work right ?
You pull out an electric pump, hook it up to the can of sealant, hook the tube that comes out of the sealant can to the valve stem, plug the pump into your lighter socket and essentially blow the sealant into the tire.
Then you pack up everything, drive the car down the road for two miles to ensure the sealant coats everything. Pull over, bring out the pump again except this time, you inflat the tire. If there is still a leak, put everything away, drive another two mile and repeat the process. I would go through this only if I am stuck in Death Valley... Hope the potholes in your town aren't bad.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
BTW, you know how the repair kit work right ?
You pull out an electric pump, hook it up to the can of sealant, hook the tube that comes out of the sealant can to the valve stem, plug the pump into your lighter socket and essentially blow the sealant into the tire.
Then you pack up everything, drive the car down the road for two miles to ensure the sealant coats everything. Pull over, bring out the pump again except this time, you inflat the tire. If there is still a leak, put everything away, drive another two mile and repeat the process. I would go through this only if I am stuck in Death Valley... Hope the potholes in your town aren't bad.
Yeah I started that thread on runflats and in there I stated I've been lucky in the past 25 years of driving I've had the nail in tire tpms come on slow leak type. And with that I pull over and check and then top off at gas station or patch at gas station. If I get a flat in cla45 I guess I'll be calling MB roadside. But I hope not. + 1 on going through that process.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts