Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it was time to scratch it and MB didn't build a V2 of our favorite pocket rocket that was for me so it was time to move on...

·
Registered
702 Posts
How about a E pic for your old buddies?

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
What don't you like about the new 45? It's a lot faster and a superior car in almost every way.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll be sure to post some pics of the new ride when I get the chance to clean it in good weather. I do miss the CLA45 but I was really feeling ready for something new.

Regarding the new CLA... the OPF filter and sound regulators they put in ruined the exhaust note and US won't get the S model. There's simply not enough difference to warrant spending new car price with such a side-grade. Instead I'd rather spend less for a gently used E63.

·
Registered
702 Posts
We are excited for you, have you had your favorite "Gangsa Tint" applied to the windows yet?

·
Registered
10,359 Posts
Yeah kinda bummer with the updated exhaust line “downgrades” but thats sign of the clean air times ... to lengthen the distance from the 0emissions grip and extend the quadcycle motor industry lifespan
Whats funny is an old 1974/75 1800cc carburetted italian twin cam (with an e-distributor) can be tweaked and tuned to get zero zero zero emissions ... at least per the silly smog machines back in the 2000s

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I googled the previous owner, he's an elderly chap. Drove the car for 15k for 4 years. Garage kept. It's pretty much OEM -- so I have some basic mods in front of me. Michelin rubber in the summer, tint, etc. I had a choice between this and a full on alpha tuned E63 2016 with 21k miles. I went down this road thinking I can always go down that path if I wanted. :)

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
pre-owned E63 (I put it in my sig) :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts