Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hope you have better luck with yours than I have, just got to 1300 miles and all of a sudden the car was struggling to pull away.
Pulled out of a junction on a 60mph road and the car just stopped, eventually got it to move and then had to call Mecedes assist.

Thought originally it was just the master brake cylinder that had failed, but ended up being a lot more complicated than that.

Ended up that engine oil had gone up through the braking systerm due to a faulty valve, they had the car in the dealership longer than I owned the car, and now I've got it back there's is a definite lack of power.

I'm in the process with Mecedes in trying to get a replacement car, I don't want my money back as I like the car but just want a replacement!

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
225 Posts
I have no idea that engine oil could get into the braking system, I can’t think how that is even possible, abs system ?but then I haven’t done my own mechanics for over 20 years

·
Registered
10 Posts
It was something to do with the brake booster system, at least that what I was told?

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
Vacuum lines ... faulty valve ... brake booster

So brakes were not affected?

Which valve was faulty?

Can you post the repair order?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes the brakes wouldn't release once the brake pedal was pushed, I had to use my foot to lift the brake pedal back up to allow the car to move again. The dealership had to raise a speacial issue with Mecedes UK as it apparently has never happened before?
I was never given any paperwork regarding the work carried out it was all verbal over the phone with the dealership, and it was all done under warranty. Maybe things are done differently in the states and you have everything in writing?
But as you can imagine pulling out of a junction onto the road where cars are travelling at 60mph and the car just stops, is not a nice feeling.
All I was told by the dealership was that a pipe from brake booster had a one way valve that failed allowing oil to go back to the brake booster. They also had to replace
the vacuum pipes as well.

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
@NJK 1969
They must have repair orders to report back to the factory to document the warranty repair
Just ask for it
I get mine emailed

·
Registered
11 Posts
Better luck with the new one. Has couple of issues with MBUX and Mercedes dealer, Lookers Brighton, and Mercedes were excellent. Trust your experiance wasn't a struggle. We did get some M&S and John Lewis vouchers.

·
Registered
10 Posts
It's taken some time to sort out, and was told that I won't get the new one until March time, but on the plus side I have added another option which I will have to pay for and I will be past the worse of the season weather by then

·
Registered
10 Posts
So latest update on my replacement car. I was told this week that the driver assist pack is currently not an available option on my AMG CLA 45 plus, I asked why and the dealership said they wasn't sure.
So I wondering if there has been a problem with it, or was it not a popular option?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts