Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
pic-1 pic-2
I just noted that the Sports Package equipped CLA seemingly has an additional trim piece/panel on the side-skirt/rocker-panel!

Previously I had assumed that the only exterior differences between non-Sports & Sports were the front & rear bumpers, front-grille, and wheels.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I just noted that the Sports Package equipped CLA seemingly has an additional trim piece/panel on the side-skirt/rocker-panel!

Previously I had assumed that the only exterior differences between non-Sports & Sports were the front & rear bumpers, front-grille, and wheels.
yes... and did you also notice that the Black CLA has Chrome lined windows???
and shes sitting right on top of that pretty White one...:+)
sure wish i could see Violetta soon... lol

·
Registered
730 Posts
Interesting observation w/ regards to the window chrome-trim. I assume it depends on the CLA model spec. in the European market (base/urban/etc). I wonder if such will be the case in North America.

It's assumed that the CLAs coming here will be sans window chrome-trim, but then again these North American market CLAs also are supposed to be better equipped (namely more standard equipment) than their European counterparts.

The window chrome-trim can go either way, it definitely can accent the other design details of the CLA (front-grille, headlights, polished exhaust-tips, etc) whereas the absence of it can give a sportier & sleeker look.

·
Registered
381 Posts
My understanding is that for the USA, the sport package ones will not get the chrome windows and everything else gets the chrome windows. At least, that's what they've shown to date.

·
Registered
730 Posts
My understanding is that for the USA, the sport package ones will not get the chrome windows and everything else gets the chrome windows. At least, that's what they've shown to date.
I take that back. A couple pictures showing the sport package have the chrome trim in the USA Ordering Guide.
I, too, would've assumed as much (non-Sports w/ windows chrome-trim, Sports Package w//o window chrome-trim). But, it now seems that it's a base-spec. item, meaning all the CLAs headed here will have it or none of them will have it (since their standard spec is above the Int'l market standard spec).

I'm thinking the German market CLA online configuration page will show which spec. (ie. urban, etc) comes w/ the window chrome-trim.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I'd like to purchase the chrome grill too (without purchasing the sport package). But you have to be careful about replacing the grill. Some designs are friendly towards that sort of thing. Others are not and the whole bumper front end *might* have to be removed. It depends how the Mercedes engineers designed it.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Past mercedes ive changed the grill on were easy...minutes

I'd like to purchase the chrome grill too (without purchasing the sport package). But you have to be careful about replacing the grill. Some designs are friendly towards that sort of thing. Others are not and the whole bumper front end *might* have to be removed. It depends how the Mercedes engineers designed it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts