Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
At this point, I will bid farewell to you buccaneers, though I may lurk in the shadows. Be afraid. Be very afraid!
Always floss and brush your teeth (only the ones you want to keep). Keep The Mighty Door Gap in your heart
and mind (and any other place you deem appropriate). The ClubLexus forum is fairly active. Too bad they let
me in (for them). Even though Groucho said, "I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member,"
I let them have me. The Garage Talk app has Club Lexus on it, so I can pester them on my phone as well. I'm Jazzrock on there, as rapidfirerob is too long for these Lexus people.
I'll miss you guys, well, mostly. Thanks for the fun and frolic, and whatever else occurred on here. Special
shout out to JMC for all the advice, most of it actually made sense (my two cats explained most of it to me.)
I'll see Katman on Facebook, where you guys can find me if you still use that outdated platform.
Rob Waxman [email protected] for communication purposes. I'm in lovely Richmond, California
where we haven't had our power turned off yet. I never thought I would own a Mercedes, in my wildest dreams.
It was great while it lasted. Keep in touch with your various selves and always be your own best friend! :)

·
Registered
233 Posts
Awww nooooo, what a sad turn of events Rob, you are one of the few around here that kept me coming back. Enjoy your fancy upmarket Toyota, and don't be a stranger, make sure you pop back in now and again and let us know how terrible it is outside the MB club, it will make us feel better about ourselves. I'm sure you will find a new gap somewhere in that Lexus and you can bring the gap love to a whole new bunch of people. All the very best Rob, take care, and as we say around these parts, don't let the door hit you in the a#s on the way out! ;)

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Sad to see you go. Be sure to drop by from time to time. It's a shame this forum isn't as active as it used to be tho. Enjoy the Lexus and best of luck.

·
Registered
9,959 Posts
Awww man! Gonna miss you. Tell your cats they are smarter than the average bear.
Lexus or Infiniti ... no matter. You will always have a home here so feel free to post if you need stuff.
We will lend a hand if we can.
Be safe and pleeeeeeeease show us a new gap or two in them other vehicles.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks again you guys. I’ll check In now and again, for sure. Dr. Oz: You’re in charge of keeping The Mighty Door Gap alive and well. It’s a huge responsibility and I know you can do it.
My IS F 200 F Sport wears tires out on the inner tread only, after about 12,000 miles or so. I’m ordering the lower control arm bushings from the RC- F and having them installed. It prevents this issue and gives a bit better handling too. It does make the car a bit more stiff, but not much. The CLA’s suspension is fairly stiff IMO. All this from the ClubLexus forum. You guys are the best!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
At this point, I will bid farewell to you buccaneers, though I may lurk in the shadows. Be afraid. Be very afraid!
Always floss and brush your teeth (only the ones you want to keep). Keep The Mighty Door Gap in your heart
and mind (and any other place you deem appropriate). The ClubLexus forum is fairly active. Too bad they let
me in (for them). Even though Groucho said, "I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member,"
I let them have me. The Garage Talk app has Club Lexus on it, so I can pester them on my phone as well. I'm Jazzrock on there, as rapidfirerob is too long for these Lexus people.
I'll miss you guys, well, mostly. Thanks for the fun and frolic, and whatever else occurred on here. Special
shout out to JMC for all the advice, most of it actually made sense (my two cats explained most of it to me.)
I'll see Katman on Facebook, where you guys can find me if you still use that outdated platform.
Rob Waxman [email protected] for communication purposes. I'm in lovely Richmond, California
where we haven't had our power turned off yet. I never thought I would own a Mercedes, in my wildest dreams.
It was great while it lasted. Keep in touch with your various selves and always be your own best friend! :)
Haven’t been around too much of late but would like to wish you a fond farewell. You made the forum fun (other than the repetitive door gap thing) and our loss is their gain. Stay SAFE in your new car and be well. You should stop by from time to time as I do to say, “howdy” and to catch us up.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Thanks again you guys. I’ll check In now and again, for sure. Dr. Oz: You’re in charge of keeping The Mighty Door Gap alive and well. It’s a huge responsibility and I know you can do it.
My IS F 200 F Sport wears tires out on the inner tread only, after about 12,000 miles or so. I’m ordering the lower control arm bushings from the RC- F and having them installed. It prevents this issue and gives a bit better handling too. It does make the car a bit more stiff, but not much. The CLA’s suspension is fairly stiff IMO. All this from the ClubLexus forum. You guys are the best!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I will try my best Rob, but those sure are big boots to fill

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Haven’t been around too much of late but would like to wish you a fond farewell. You made the forum fun (other than the repetitive door gap thing) and our loss is their gain. Stay SAFE in your new car and be well. You should stop by from time to time as I do to say, “howdy” and to catch us up.
Repetitive Door Gap thing! Why I oughta!

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Listen to this bum! Modding already!
Parts from the RCF no less sheeeesh
Here's the thread if you have any free time. I'd love to get your opinion on it.
It seems like an excellent idea. Folks have done it with good results.

·
Registered
9,959 Posts
Very interesting! Bushings usually entail a hot fluid bath a press etc etc
So nowadays its a straight torque wrench based swap ... pretty cool
Then during realignment just request max spec toe in and go from there

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
There are other companies that make these bushings, such as RR Racing, but these are even stiffer, which I don't want, and more expensive.
People also say an alignment is not needed, but should be checked. Swapping the bushings will not change the alignment, is what is stated.

·
Registered
9,959 Posts
People also say an alignment is not needed, but should be checked. Swapping the bushings will not change the alignment, is what is stated.
Should be checked is the wise comment ... but once its on the rack to check might as well tweak into spec. Considering the rather small angles and their associated decimal places any time the suspension is touched (or bumped a la bad potholes etc) its static state will most probably change ... and tire wear will bear that out.
That said its quite amazing how modern rigid chassis and mechanical suspension designs hold up against typical use.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Gonna miss your commentary. Wish you all the best with your new ride and all of your endeavours!

But before you go, how about a photo of your new door gap? I hope that doesn't sound too much like something Anthony Weiner would request.

Hail & Farewell! Live Long & Prosper! May the Force be with you! Vaya Con Dios! Party on man!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Awww man! Gonna miss you. Tell your cats they are smarter than the average bear.
Lexus or Infiniti ... no matter. You will always have a home here so feel free to post if you need stuff.
We will lend a hand if we can.
Be safe and pleeeeeeeease show us a new gap or two in them other vehicles.
"J" I'm afraid Rob has become "Gap Shy". He has ignored a few requests for pics of the new door gaps. Maybe we should let him be on this one. It's probably breaking his heart to lose gap.

Rumor has it that he asked the tow driver, if the insurance totaled it could he have the gaps before the salvage yard got them.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts