Mercedes CLA Forum banner

21 - 40 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Ok fellas, here's my most exciting, unexciting photo of the non door gap door gap.

You decide for yourselves. :)
I love the car. I just had the RC-F/GS-F front control bushings swapped for my stock
bushings. It should solve the issue of the inner tires wearing out prematurely, plus
give it better handling. I noticed a slight increase in stiffness driving home. Not
as stiff as the CLA, which is OK by me.
Always be good to your family, friends and small animals! Keep rocking!

Rob

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #24

·
Registered
233 Posts
Just look at the front end of that slack jawed grinning thing, if that 'aint a big enough gap for you, I don't know what is!!

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
^ Actually, no! The lovely front grill of the Lexus will never compare to the Mighty Door Gap of the CLA.
I am also so glad to see a photo of you from your high school yearbook, DrOz! I'm sure your parents
were so pleased with the results of their orthodontia expenditure.

·
Registered
233 Posts
^ Actually, no! The lovely front grill of the Lexus will never compare to the Mighty Door Gap of the CLA.
I am also so glad to see a photo of you from your high school yearbook, DrOz! I'm sure your parents
I bet you don't get this level of witty banter over there in the Lexus trenches mate, it won't be long before you are missing us!

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
It's a well-kept secret that Lexus dealers quietly screen out prospective buyers with a sense of humor, confiding that the car has a prediliction to goose its driver or spontaneously combust.

Rapido (suggested Lexus forum nom de plume) bypassed the interrogation by acquiring a used Lexus, so he's kind of a stealth humorist in those circles.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
No, not so much humor in Lexus land. I'm working on them. Yes, I did sneak in. Ha!
How can I miss you when I won't go away?
Only drummers spontaneously combust, as we well know Katman!

·
Registered
9,959 Posts
Ooooh ouch ... that was a good one!

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Oh just hang around already ... you do have the heart of the CLA beating in the other car anyway so you will always fit right in
If you keep bothering me, I most certainly will! I do have the cargo tray I rescued from the CLA in the trunk
of my IS F Sport, so part of it lives on.
There are a lot more people posting on the Lexus forum, though some of the same small group post quite often.
A guy from Canada is the main IS expert. He's like you, with only a modicum of humor, so far.
There are some snarky folks as well. They get called out, which is good. Some people love a good argument.
I don't have to argue as I'm always right.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Yea unfortunately this forum is a bit quiet. It was alot more active back in 2014-2015. But we do have our characters here ;)

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Yea unfortunately this forum is a bit quiet. It was alot more active back in 2014-2015. But we do have our characters here ;)
Whatever are you talking about?

·
Registered
9,959 Posts
If you keep bothering me, I most certainly will! I do have the cargo tray I rescued from the CLA in the trunk
of my IS F Sport, so part of it lives on.
There are a lot more people posting on the Lexus forum, though some of the same small group post quite often.
A guy from Canada is the main IS expert. He's like you, with only a modicum of humor, so far.
There are some snarky folks as well. They get called out, which is good. Some people love a good argument.
I don't have to argue as I'm always right.
In spirit or not glad you love us still.
Of course Pastor Rob is never wrong geeewhiz!

·
Registered
9,959 Posts
Yes, we know that, but your typical Lexus buyer doesn't.
Ahhh good point!
May be due to all that fancy dealership grub messing with their neurons .....

·
Registered
9,959 Posts
Not too bad still lots of newer c118 folks coming in and bet more c117 outofwarranty mod threads will show soon ... who knows even i just might bug turbokits to tweak my turbo system

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Ahhh good point!
May be due to all that fancy dealership grub messing with their neurons .....
Sweet! I got a bottle of water at the Lexus dealer the second time I was there.
I went back to get a second key fob and have it programmed.

21 - 40 of 70 Posts