Mercedes CLA Forum banner

41 - 60 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
9,959 Posts
Just water?
My Benz dealers go broke with my cappuccinos cookies donuts expressos diet every time I drop by ... even if it is just passing by
And sometimes I catch their periodic burrito enchilada taco brunch Tuesdays ... don’t need dinner on those evenings

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
The Lexus also has an actual donut spare tire! What a concept!

·
Registered
9,959 Posts
Somehow sugar and calories reside in your new trunk
Yeah I do miss have some form of backup especially on long trips ... will just have to (at least) lug the e-scissor jack along and a plug kit

·
Registered
336 Posts
Ok fellas, here's my most exciting, unexciting photo of the non door gap door gap.

You decide for yourselves. :)
I love the car. I just had the RC-F/GS-F front control bushings swapped for my stock
bushings. It should solve the issue of the inner tires wearing out prematurely, plus
give it better handling. I noticed a slight increase in stiffness driving home. Not
as stiff as the CLA, which is OK by me.
Always be good to your family, friends and small animals! Keep rocking!

Rob

View attachment 65138
Very Nice!! Thanks for sharing. But, where do stash your wallet, sunglasses & large fries in a Lexus?

Don't despair - I'm sure JMC, a handy grinder and about a half hour could remedy this problem.

·
Registered
9,959 Posts
That wasn't meant to be cutting - just empathetic. We're in for the same if we need a new key fob for ours as well.
Oh I knew that ... you are the nice guy
And yeah I have been looking into it just in case and the diy solutions aint so simple at least not time wise
My spare is kept nice and safe in a cupboard

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
$200 for the key fob. $90 to program. There was a lady there with an older Lexus who never got a second key. It cost her a grand to buy one, as she lost her one key.
I got a lovely storage compartment tray from China on EBay for $13. That’s where my sunglasses go. I don’t eat fries and my wallet is in my front pocket. I had a guy come to my house and fix the rim rash the lady who had the lease put on two rims. He did a great job.
Future mods: tint in the spring and dual dash cam. Any and all questions answered.
I hope everyone had a fine Thanksgiving and ate lots of stuffing, the most important food group.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
336 Posts
$200 for the key fob. $90 to program. There was a lady there with an older Lexus who never got a second key. It cost her a grand to buy one, as she lost her one key.
I got a lovely storage compartment tray from China on EBay for $13. That’s where my sunglasses go. I don’t eat fries and my wallet is in my front pocket. I had a guy come to my house and fix the rim rash the lady who had the lease put on two rims. He did a great job.
Future mods: tint in the spring and dual dash cam. Any and all questions answered.
I hope everyone had a fine Thanksgiving and ate lots of stuffing, the most important food group.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's not so bad as key fobs go, congrats!
Thanks giving was great but, I ate too much! Hope yours was good too!

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Yeah I got stuffed
Which cams you thinking of?
Yeah I got stuffed
Which cams you thinking of?
Stuffing is the best! I haven't gotten that far, regarding dash cams. The one I had stopped working.
My daughter has the same one, still working thankfully.
I ordered a Faraday bag (a two pack) after I read this. It applies to all cars that have keyless entry, which I now
have, in addition to keyless start. Check it out: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/toyota-lexus-relay-attack-1.5380947

·
Registered
336 Posts
Stuffing is the best! I haven't gotten that far, regarding dash cams. The one I had stopped working.
My daughter has the same one, still working thankfully.
I ordered a Faraday bag (a two pack) after I read this. It applies to all cars that have keyless entry, which I now
have, in addition to keyless start. Check it out: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/toyota-lexus-relay-attack-1.5380947
Thanks for tip! That's both shocking and very informative. Never was really a fan or saw the point of keyless start.

How lazy have we become? Can't we be satisfied with not having walk to work in the weather carrying all our stuff or having to feed and care for a horse and deal with all the tack and buggy maintenance? I don't find inserting a key into the ignition all that difficult (as long as I can unlock the doors and remote-start with my cell phone 😱). By the way for those that read the article - pl-e-e-e-a-s-e don't even consider stashing your key fob in your microwave for safe keeping!!!

·
Registered
9,959 Posts
Awww gosh you guys are too funny

As far as faraday bags go ... akin to rfid shielded purses etc ... always a good idea to guard the link between car and fob lest one day the car be gone

Try sealing your key up in one and drive

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
When I was young, I had a motorcycle whose carbs had to be primed before I could kickstart it, so my fingers always smelled of gasoline.

It didn't have no heated seats.

41 - 60 of 70 Posts