Mercedes CLA Forum banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

Registered
When I was young, I had a motorcycle whose carbs had to be primed before I could kickstart it, so my fingers always smelled of gasoline.

It didn't have no heated seats.
Ahh yes ... chopsticks in the carb choke days
Come to think of it I had no power steering no power windows vacuum advance distributors burnt clutches worn synchros busted teeth in diff ring gear etc etc
And if course gumout instead of gojo for hand cleaner
Fun days!

Registered
Discussion Starter #62
Thanks for tip! That's both shocking and very informative. Never was really a fan or saw the point of keyless start.

How lazy have we become? Can't we be satisfied with not having walk to work in the weather carrying all our stuff or having to feed and care for a horse and deal with all the tack and buggy maintenance? I don't find inserting a key into the ignition all that difficult (as long as I can unlock the doors and remote-start with my cell phone 馃槺). By the way for those that read the article - pl-e-e-e-a-s-e don't even consider stashing your key fob in your microwave for safe keeping!!!
Pretty damned lazy! When I was young, I had to walk 10 miles through the house to get to the snow, I tell ya!
I've gotten used to keyless entry and keyless start. Now I get the excitement of having to remember to stash
two cars' key fobs in a bag every night. Yay! Not to mention worry about having one of the catalytic converters stolen, though Priuses are the car of choice for this item. My wrist was worn out from starting my CLA with a key every time,
so it's a good thing I don't have to suffer through that torture any longer. Pumping my own gas is wearing me out still.

Registered
Discussion Starter #65

Registered
Discussion Starter #66

Registered
Discussion Starter #68

Registered
Discussion Starter #70
61 - 70 of 70 Posts