Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone,

Out of my own curiosity, I had to do this just because I am wondering how small the CLA is going to be once it arrives. I am sure a lot of you will find this useful as well. Quite a difference in size once you see them side by side. The scaling is 99% accurate

BONUS: I had to compare the current Sonata size with the CLA. Luckily the Sonata is hidden behind the CLA out of view (mostly).

·
Banned
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Also, for reference...

CLA ....................... 182.3"

Honda Civic Sedan ... 179.4"
Audi A4 ......................... 185.1"
Acura TL ....................... 194.0"
MB C Class ................... 180.8"
BMW 3 Series .............. 182.5"
Lexus IS250 ................. 190.3"
Hyundai Sonata ......... 189.8"

·
Registered
730 Posts
Excellent share, as my other household ride is an 8th gen Accord sedan (more-or-less same size at the new 9th gen sedan).

The Accord interior feels like a full-sized sedan, in terms of headroom & rear-legroom/rear-seat. And, it drives like a full-sized sedan too (much to my dismay).

I was looking for a nimble & nifty sporty ride that still would have an usable backseat, and I believe the CLA is it!

·
Banned
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was looking for a nimble & nifty sporty ride that still would have an usable backseat, and I believe the CLA is it!
You would love my current ride then, the 2013 Audi S4. Fast supercharged 3.0 V6, which handles amazing. Spacious interior. Everything I could ask for. Unfortunately I get bored with my cars too fast and always need a change. The only down side is it sucks gas down. (I avg 16mpg hwy/city). I am not looking forward to almost a 200hp loss when I get the CLA though, but thats the price I pay for better gas mileage, and different new vehicle.

·
Registered
515 Posts
i believe the Civic Honda is more similar in size than the Accord..... just my two cents worth... :)

LENGTH x WIDTH x HEIGHT 179.4 x 69.0 x 56.5 in

the CLA is 2.9 inches longer

·
Registered
730 Posts
You would love my current ride then, the 2013 Audi S4...
Oh trust me man, if it wasn't for reliability/dependability, I'd likely have a stable of Audi's. My good friend has had an A4 Avant S-Line, S4 Avant, and RS4. Each of them were delish' to me. Even now, I catch myself looking into an A5/S5 at times.

i believe the Civic Honda is more similar in size than the Accord..... just my two cents worth... :)
The Civic is a marvel of packaging, compact-sized w/ near mid-size interior space.

Interestingly, the CLA is similar to Civic in exterior size but similar to Accord in weight... :D

With that said, the CLA reminds me a lot of the Lexus IS300 ("Altezza") of years ago which I felt was an LS left in the dryer too long, much like the CLA is a shrink-wrapped CLS. Both, the IS300 & CLA, carry distinguishing & appreciable silhouettes. Very stout, chiseled, and clean designs.

Reactions: chrisiden

·
Registered
256 Posts
Folks, I'm pleased to learn about those external dimensions. But what is truly a benchmark for me is the cabin space. Anyone know the size of the cabin compared to its competition?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks for the great info! As someone mentioned previously, interior space comparison would be great, and perhaps even more important. Exterior dimensions are great (not too small, not large). As for interior space, the more the better.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts