Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
after reading the article scrool towards the bottom... this new C is lovely...
I've seen that rendering/sketch a few times, very sharp & sleek looking. Not sure if the new gen. C-Class would be that stylish, it'd make the E-Class insecure... ha! :D

I could see a more chiseled, beefier, and sculpted version of that depicted concept being the next gen. S-Class! :cool:

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mercedes is a outstanding car... from what i see they are lowering the prices to get younger clients and after they get a little equity in their cars they can eventually move up to the next level...
im not overly thrilled though with that new Neon yellowie greenie stripes on the seats but may get used to it after a drink or two.. lol
also no power seats? it should have been an option... you can bet your Thingamajig, that in 2015 the new CLA will have even more options and maybe a newer color combo... just my two cents worth...

·
Registered
730 Posts
also no power seats? it should have been an option...
Wait, what!?! No power-seats in the CLA?!?

That wouldn't fly w/ me at all whatsoever...

I know the CLA is $29.9k & all, but that's w/o:

- metallic paint
- sunroof (namely moonroof)
- auto climate-control
- leather-interior
- HID headlights

FWIW, those are features & equipment that belong in a premium/luxo' car regardless of the market-segment and/or price-point.

My point, it darn well better come w/ power-seats! And w/ memory-settings to boot... :eek:

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
osiris_x11
im sorry im the one that told u this :sad: i learned this from a youtube vid at the car show...thats why i said in an earlier post 2015 will be better with more options... Mercedes is roping the younger crowd now... the way i see this is... i set my seat one time, and thats it... i dont need the power.. but then again if i had it how many times will i be adjusting my seats?
just again my two cents worth here...
ps..
this CLA is an entry point car, the lowest priced Mercedes...
---
(you had mentioned how sweet the Honda accord coupe was in another post... i agree with you... built in Cameras in the mirror and trunk lid all the works on a 4 cylinder around 26 and about 30k fully loaded Six... but its not a Merc... but it does hold its value..
i own 2 Merc... they have lost 60% in value so far... but hey... its a nice car...
i dont know what else to say... guess ill take a cookie break... lol
.. an after thought on power seats.. maybe Merc sells something that can convert the CLA seats to power...anything is possible...

----------- Keep your eyes and ears opened at 1:20:shocked:
,,,there may still be some hope for power seats...did u hear him say, maybe the version in USA could be different?

·
Registered
730 Posts
im sorry im the one that told u this :sad: i learned this from a youtube vid at the car show...thats why i said in an earlier post 2015 will be better with more options... Mercedes is roping the younger crowd now... the way i see this is... i set my seat one time, and thats it... i dont need the power.. but then again if i had it how many times will i be adjusting my seats?
just again my two cents worth here...
ps..
this CLA is an entry point car, the lowest priced Mercedes...
---
(you had mentioned how sweet the Honda accord coupe was in another post... i agree with you... built in Cameras in the mirror and trunk lid all the works on a 4 cylinder around 26 and about 30k fully loaded Six... but its not a Merc... but it does hold its value..
i own 2 Merc... they have lost 60% in value so far... but hey... its a nice car...
i dont know what else to say... guess ill take a cookie break... lol
.. an after thought on power seats.. maybe Merc sells something that can convert the CLA seats to power...anything is possible...
I think we're likely gonna meet half-way, in that the USDM '14 CLA will have a driver's power-seat w/ 3-position memory settings. No word on the passenger-seat (plausibly will be w/o it).

I've noted such in just about all the pics, along w/ a few sources:

2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class Review and Prices - Consumer Guide Automotive

2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class Photo Gallery and Quick Reference Guide | eMercedesBenz

2013 Detroit Auto Show: 2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA250

2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class Review, Prices, Photos: New Car Test Drive

I'm curious what video you speak of that says no power-seat(s) for the '14 CLA250?

So- if I felt the CLA250 was being peddled as a stripped-down Mercedes, I will gladly purchase a loaded pre-TTL ~$28k Acura TSX (after discounting/negotiating) rather than a pre-TTL ~$36k+ CLA (as I have mine very moderately equipped) as the former offers orders of magnitude of features/equipment standard that would bloat the CLA price to ~$40k+. Fortunately, I don't feel like that as of now. I hope that MB doesn't do that (omit good bit of goodies) and/or nickel & dime us (which they actually aren't, *cough* Porsche *cough*).

I don't think we can make a blanket statement saying, "just because it's a Merc..." because it's now 2013 & the game's changed. There are comparable & somewhat superior offerings from old & new competitors throughout the various strata of the product-chain. The very reason the CLA is being offered is because of the stiff competition & the competition stealing market-share newcomers from the brand. Obviously, there's something incomparable in ways w/ regards to the stuff w/ the "S" & "L" in their nomenclature (S-Class, CL, SL, CLS, SLK, GL) but I personally believe the rest of the MB lineup to be at parity w/ their competitors if-not at times looking from the back.

Interesting times, the new Lexus IS in the works, a BMW 1-series sedan forthcoming, an Audi A3 sedan being developed. And the Acura TSX likely due for a restyle/redesign soon. Not to mention the Caddie ATS hitting the scene as we speak. Lotsa of choice for the enthusiast! With that said, the CLA is my choice amongst the aforementioned... :cool:

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm curious what video you speak of that says no power-seat(s) for the '14 CLA250?

you just watched it above... lol
but then again USA could be different.. but remember this is entry level stuff for younger gens

·
Registered
730 Posts
but then again USA could be different.. but remember this is entry level stuff for younger gens
It's these youngenz that want all the bells & whistles!!!

The only thing entry-level about this Benz is the size (sub-compact/compact), the powertrain (4-banger), the drivetrain (FWD), the price-point (for now)! The rest is premium, the materials/components, technology/equipment, fit/finish, design/style, etc.

I'm going w/ that standard power-seat(s) will be offered (at least for the driver) which will come w/ 3-way memory-setting controls.

The reason why? Because such a feature exists on the CLA already (power-seats w/ 3-way memory-setting controls).

The reason why standard? Because a list of the packages & stand-alone options has been released (the dealer PDF), and there's no mention of power-seats w/ memory-controls as an option. And MB would not omit such a feature whether standard or as an option. Meaning, it's standard for us if it's not in the options/packages.

Some of the Int'l members of the forum have stated that the U.S. standard-spec CLA seems to be more feature-rich than their standard-spec (it's more optional stuff for them, more standard stuff for us).

Now, those illuminated side-sills are gonna cause sticker shock... :D

·
Registered
339 Posts
The B 250 has an option for power front seats (both) with 3 memory positions. The base version has the "comfort seating package" which is manual. I expect the CLA will be the same.

Meanwhile, back on topic, the C Class prototype seen in the spy shots bears zero resemblance to the rendering. The side windows of the C are just too high, compared to the bunker slits on the side of the rendering.

I think the new C will be E-sized and that it will be conservatively styled, as have been all C Class sedans before it. The flash will come with the CL series. Incidentally, the side profile of the C Class prototype is not well balanced (nose too long), unlike the CLA.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I stopped by my US dealer over the weekend and they are able to spec out CLA's in their computer system. There are no prices on any of the options yet, but they match up with what's in the config guide PDF posted elsewhere on this forum.

They printed out the config sheet for me. Under the standard equipment section it says:

Power driver seat & steering column with memory
Power passenger sear with memory

·
Registered
220 Posts
Now that most of the sedan lineup looks to be going to four-door coupe, anybody want to predict the shelf life of this styling trend?

(Seeing the size of this new C & knowing the E and S aren't far apart, I wonder if we'll eventually see the demise of the S ... or re-naming of the E :)).

·
Registered
730 Posts
...just uploaded a new pic of 2014/15 Mercedes C class that will look very much like CLA/S...

i think Merc is playing around with the best of 3 Worlds trying to figure out something... or just good biz.ship to get all levels of buyers...

Image: 2015 Mercedes-Benz C Class rendering, size: 1024 x 620, type: gif, posted on: March 23, 2010, 1:16 pm - MotorAuthority
Now that most of the sedan lineup looks to be going to four-door coupe, anybody want to predict the shelf life of this styling trend?

(Seeing the size of this new C & knowing the E and S aren't far apart, I wonder if we'll eventually see the demise of the S ... or re-naming of the E :)).
Keep in mind that this is just a "rendering" (inspired guess) by the industry auto-journos, and not an actual concept or manufacturer release.

With that said, the S-Class / E-Class / C-Class will all evolve generation-to-generation but it's doubtful they'll become 4-door coupes w/ sloping roofs & fastback styling. There are many compromises w/ such designs, and it's likely there will be lower-volume models instead from each class that incorporate such styling cues (CLS already for the E-Class; CLA for the A/B Classes). Note that the S-Class has it's coupe (CL), the C-Class has it's coupe (C-Coupe). The E-Class didn't have a coupe, so the CLS model made sense.

Just my 2-pence from afar...

·
Registered
62 Posts
The video was mostly based on the observances of the cars.com reporter. There are plenty of pics that show the CLA having a power drivers seat with 3-position memory. Same is true with the climate control. The climate control in the (obviously preproduction) car the guy sat in was not the dual-zone automatic climate control, but again, there are CLA's that have been photographed WITH that.

All that being said, it's impossible at this point to know which features ARE coming to the US spec of the car, but what's in our favor is that Mercedes knows that they have to represent upscale in the US much moreso than they do in Europe. That's true with every one of the MBs on sale in the US today. Check out the specs for European cars and you'll see you can get them all in somewhat more basic forms than what's standard in the US. That would lead me to believe that even though they are marketing the CLA toward a younger market, it's still a PREMIUM younger market and they can't strip too much.

The other think that we have to remember is that a mere $5,350 more gets you into a C-Class which does come with dual power seats (with driver's side 3 position memory), auto dimming interior and drivers exterior mirrors, rain sensing wipers etc. I know this car looks much better (to us) than the C-Class, but it really can't be too poorly equipped or it starts to be a no brainer to spend the additional $5K to jump to the C.

At any rate... that's how I see this and I hope we don't get anymore disappointments (lack of Keyless Go was a big disappointment for me).

·
Registered
339 Posts
Worst case scenario is it's optional on the CLA. It is on the Canadian B 250...

·
Registered
4 Posts
The pictures people are posting of the 2014 C rendering is one that I originally found as well and love. I have been seeing a lot of these body stylings too, a little more blocky and less attractive IMO. I would actually prefer the CLA to the C if this is how it is going to look.

image.jpg

Here is the other that I prefer

image.jpg

·
Registered
730 Posts
I haven't adjusted my seats in 5 years. It's interesting to see what others consider to be a deal breaker.
... with ~3 drivers in a household, the seat gets adjusted on a daily basis on this end. It gets old, having to get it just right over & over. Obviously, YMMV! :cool:

Whereas Bluetooth & XM are of little or no use to me on this end, I'm sure those are biggies for others. Likewise for Sat-Nav for some, AWD for others.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts