Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I live in Freeport New York and purchased the 2014 cla250 as soon as it came out. I bought myself my first Mercedes and at this point I'm sorry I did and from what I have read here I think you all know why. Yes, I too have had acceleration problems. I'm hoping to get some answers here.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Trade it in or sell it if you do not like it. I am not sure what "answers" you are looking for on a forum where the majority of us love our CLA? You bought a car that you now do not like so get something else. Pretty simple.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Welcome to the forum, love the Nautical Mile. Great place to ride.
If you could elaborate as to what problems you've had and what your dealer has done. Maybe search or start a thread to see if others have had the same problem and if/how it was resolved.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Welcome, first of all this is a great forum. Lots of helpful people here as you can see above. A place to start would be to do a search on "transmissions." You will find a wealth of information on software updates as well as add ons to help with acceleration lag if that is the problem. After owning two CLAs (FWD and now AWD) I can say without any hesitation that it is the most fun to drive car I have ever owned and, as I am 62 and farting dust, that covers a lot of cars...

Reactions: Rapidfirerob

·
Registered
701 Posts
Trade it in or sell it if you do not like it. I am not sure what "answers" you are looking for on a forum where the majority of us love our CLA? You bought a car that you now do not like so get something else. Pretty simple.
sheesh. no chill. lol.

·
Registered
701 Posts
but anyways, welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Don't get me wrong. I love my car but don't love the fact that it can be dangerous to drive because there's no way to tell when the acceleration problem is going to happen. Nine years ago I was rear ended at a red light and due to this accident I have had several back surgeries and am permanently disabled. My biggest fear is having another accident. I really thought the problem was fixed the first time. The dealership claims that they have not run into any other cla having this problem. I have read quite a few posts regarding this problem and am trying to find the culprit. Didn't hear anything from the dealership today so hopefully they're doing their research. Sorry if I ruffled anyone's feathers.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome to the forum, love the Nautical Mile. Great place to ride.
If you could elaborate as to what problems you've had and what your dealer has done. Maybe search or start a thread to see if others have had the same problem and if/how it was resolved.
Hi Pete. It's the same thing quite a few people have had happen. Car goes into limp mode (as others have called it) and it says pre safe functions disabled. Seems to happen with no warning. Scary thing is I just got finished driving 2 of my grandsons to and from their lacrosse and soccer practices and was on the Seaford Oyster Bay . It happened four times. Needless to say I had to drive in the right lane. When you pull over shut the car off and turn it back on its okay but then it happens again. Also this time the engine light came on. This is the second time in 6 weeks that my car is at the dealership. The first time they said the accelerator pedal module was no good so they changed it out and I thought it was fixed. I hope they find the real problem this time

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Hi Pete. It's the same thing quite a few people have had happen. Car goes into limp mode (as others have called it) and it says pre safe functions disabled. Seems to happen with no warning. Scary thing is I just got finished driving 2 of my grandsons to and from their lacrosse and soccer practices and was on the Seaford Oyster Bay . It happened four times. Needless to say I had to drive in the right lane. When you pull over shut the car off and turn it back on its okay but then it happens again. Also this time the engine light came on. This is the second time in 6 weeks that my car is at the dealership. The first time they said the accelerator pedal module was no good so they changed it out and I thought it was fixed. I hope they find the real problem this time
Wow, that is a bad place for that to happen. Haven't read up on it because I didn't know what the pre-safe thing was about having never experienced it. Only positive I can see is the light coming on so they have a place to start looking for it. Hope you get it resolved soon and permanently.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Sounds like software issues

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
kathyk
a) What was the outcome?
b) Re: your battery issue > Was this your first battery change? Don't forget your auxiliary battery.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts