Mercedes CLA Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Oh gosh you could have railed on that rider
One time I had to rent to go out of town last minute and all I could get was a Pontiac Vibe
From “whats that?!” to “WTF?” were the kindest comments ...
i drove a 2005 Pontiac Vibe "sport" for 13 years. i feel your pain no one should ever be subjected to that.

at least mine had... two spoilers on it. Really helped with the down force , you know with the 1.2L 4 Cylinder engine pumping out like.. 20 horsepower.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Speaking of hating on cars... it's the Turo.com salesman with one of his youtube videos bashing the Ghibli. LOL I think it was a worse treatment than the CLA one he posted not so long ago.

And check out about 6:20 into the video -- we have a door gap challenger!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
"That's a lease job that" - some guy getting in a Vauxhall Vectra. In the UK the assumption is that you lease any car that is sub 5 years old with a German badge. I dont really care what people think but I'm glad I bought the car outright so I can do a few mods and make it mine

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
This guy needs to get a real job, or at least a hobby. Of course, it's called The Door Gap, dolt! He is funny, though.

·
Registered
27 Posts
We have a group in Canada called MBTrueNorth and even within all the mercedes members they look down on the A , B, CLA, & GLA lines. These are the people who drive C class and above who think they are far superior. Honestly I just ignore it and do my own thing, my money my choice. If you dont like or want to talk to me because I drive an entry level Merc then so be it.
For what it's worth, I'm also part of MBTrueNorth and I have seen bashing of the CLA at occassion but I've always reasoned with them and they pretty much retracted their common statements, like a rough ride and stiff suspension (which is true) but they complain about it as if they bought the car without even test driving it.

At many occassion, I have had my 45 beat a C43 in terms of launch and sustaining speed (surprisingly) and the look they give you shows that the 45 earned their respect.

I'm also commonly talking with the core MBTN peeps and they actually do not condone bashing...especially Gordon, promoting mods that are...odd...to some!

If you're in the GTA, feel free to add me on Instagram if you're interested in joining our CLA crew! @nicholaschum

·
Registered
9,843 Posts
For what it's worth, I'm also part of MBTrueNorth and I have seen bashing of the CLA at occassion but I've always reasoned with them and they pretty much retracted their common statements, like a rough ride and stiff suspension (which is true) but they complain about it as if they bought the car without even test driving it.

At many occassion, I have had my 45 beat a C43 in terms of launch and sustaining speed (surprisingly) and the look they give you shows that the 45 earned their respect.

I'm also commonly talking with the core MBTN peeps and they actually do not condone bashing...especially Gordon, promoting mods that are...odd...to some!

If you're in the GTA, feel free to add me on Instagram if you're interested in joining our CLA crew! @nicholaschum
... ppsssstttt ... tweak up your turbo path parts ... and whip some C63 ass ... now thats respect

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
@nicholaschum
Wait wait wait... one sec... was this a C43 owner thumbing his nose at your CLA45? I would've asked him to pop the hood to see who built his engine... 😁

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
... ppsssstttt ... tweak up your turbo path parts ... and whip some C63 ass ... now thats respect
Off the line, to the next light -- my money's on the CLA. ;) Spinnin' ain't winnin' son!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Wait wait wait... one sec... was this a C43 owner thumbing his nose at your CLA45? I would've asked him to pop the hood to see who built his engine... 😁
OOOOOF! Yeah it was a C43 guy. After the row we became friends strangely enough, haha.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts