Mercedes CLA Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
I had an issue with the front when I lowered mine, sounded like a water bottle being squeezed and only happened around 40-50 degrees. Once I installed the camber arm kit in front it went away. I even had it at the dealer for 2 days and it drove them crazy, couldn’t figure it out. I would recommend camber kit for front and rear or you’ll go through tires in about a year.
which camber kit do you use ? I got my lowered car aligned at a Mercedes dealer per eibach specs and even provided them with camber bolts but they didnt need them and they were able to do the alignment. I got ~ -1.2 front and -2.4 rear camber and they also told me that they adjust some other thing so that I dont eat my tires. I think extreme tires wear are due to toes not aligned properly.

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
toe, thrust axes, castor, camber, sai etc all have to work together on a nominal sprung ride height for stability, good tire wear, and allowing the tire patches to do their job in an emergency
its amazing how many compromises are made to get some semblance of functional safety and tire life

21 - 22 of 22 Posts