Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I've never owned a Benz until I get this one and was wondering if any past Benz owners could fill me and maybe more people on the routine maintenance.

Is there a standard Mercedes routine maintenance schedule ? Once a year like Bimmer ?
What are the costs associated to the routine maintenance ?
Are there any other rapish charges à la BMW...
Do they include maintenance or can one be purchased for a cost reduction ? eg: Audi for 750$ they cover routine maintenance for 4 years, savings of about 500$

Any info is appreciated !

Cheers

·
Registered
339 Posts
I think the maintenance interval for this car will be over 20K km, or 12K miles, so once a year will be the default for most people. My B 200 costs about $200-300 per service, depending upon the scope of work.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Hey guys,

I've never owned a Benz until I get this one and was wondering if any past Benz owners could fill me and maybe more people on the routine maintenance.

Is there a standard Mercedes routine maintenance schedule ? Once a year like Bimmer ?
What are the costs associated to the routine maintenance ?
Are there any other rapish charges à la BMW...
Do they include maintenance or can one be purchased for a cost reduction ? eg: Audi for 750$ they cover routine maintenance for 4 years, savings of about 500$

Any info is appreciated !

Cheers
If you can wait until tonight, I'll get me C-Class maintenance schedule and post the details. Best of all, it'll be the Canadian C-Class information and it may differ from the US schedule, not t o sure about that tho.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you can wait until tonight, I'll get me C-Class maintenance schedule and post the details. Best of all, it'll be the Canadian C-Class information and it may differ from the US schedule, not t o sure about that tho.
That sir would be absolutely amazing! Thank you
Have you ever done a break job at the dealer for thé C' class?

·
Registered
315 Posts
That sir would be absolutely amazing! Thank you
Have you ever done a break job at the dealer for thé C' class?
Off the top of my head, I'll say yes, as I recall they did some brake work. I've kept ALL of the service sheets, so I can did through them tonight.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Off the top of my head, I'll say yes, as I recall they did some brake work. I've kept ALL of the service sheets, so I can did through them tonight.
Don't go through too much trouble...I had a 700$ brake job on my Mazda 6 a few years ago and was wondering am I looking at 2g's or 300$ for 4 brake pad replacement..

·
Registered
339 Posts
Brake pads are an easy DIY and the fronts for my B 200 cost about $75. I still haven't changed the pads at 140,000 km. Pad change alone on all 4 should only cost about $400 at a dealer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My 2011 C300 has a 10K mile/1 year maintenance interval. In the US, they don't include any maintenance with the car. I bought a 3yr/30K mile maintenance plan when I leased the car. It supposedly retails for $769, which is not a great deal, but I paid about $330 effectively I believe. I think it's easy for them to discount it when you're dealing.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Ok, here's what I found about the schedule for a 2003 C-240.

There are 2 services A($200-$350 + tax) and B ($600-$725 + tax) with what appears to be a 15,000km interval.

At 80,000km or 4 years: Check driveshaft flex discs and retighten steering gear bolts
At 100,000km or 4 years: replace air filter element
At 100,000km or 5 years: Replace fuel filter, replace charcoal filter and check condision of poly-V-belt
At 160,000km or 5 years: Replace spark plugs
At 250,000km or 15 years: Replace coolant
Every 2 years: Replace brake fluid, Inspect Suspension Body Structure and Inspect body for paint damage
Every 3 years: Sliding/pop-up roof clean sliding rails and sliders and Panorama sliding roof.

Nothing about when brake jobs are to be done other than brake fluid. However, not everything is in the book.

Almost 2 years from the day I bought it, I had the front brakes done. Discs, shoes, rotors everything. Labour and tax included was $509.54. A year later the same for the rear brakes labour and tax was $372.50.

Hope that helps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts