Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Recently my car is having trouble with starting up.. the dashboard lights turn on and radio comes on.. however there's no sound, no creek or a crack.. nothing?!
It usually turns on eventually however it could take up to 20+ tries of turning the key & on some days it just instantly turns on with one try.
I've had my battery checked and apparently its not faulty or dead/weak.
Also for the past few months my eco start/stop hasn't been working.. could this be linked?
Has anyone else had this issue if so was it the starter or something else?
Thanks!

·
Registered
10,525 Posts
may want to check the eis (electronic ignition system) circuits ... who knows might just be a chewed up wire or a bad / corroded connection point

·
Registered
10,525 Posts
Yeah that starter circuit recall did cross my mind too though for that one the starter cranks and draws current etc etc and this case has intermittent starter action
Kinda odd

·
Registered
532 Posts
Hi,

Recently my car is having trouble with starting up.. the dashboard lights turn on and radio comes on.. however there's no sound, no creek or a crack.. nothing?!
It usually turns on eventually however it could take up to 20+ tries of turning the key & on some days it just instantly turns on with one try.
I've had my battery checked and apparently its not faulty or dead/weak.
Also for the past few months my eco start/stop hasn't been working.. could this be linked?
Has anyone else had this issue if so was it the starter or something else?
Thanks!
Maybe starter motor on its way out - had same symptoms on my old BMW 135i - eventually died completely and had to flat bed to dealer !!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys,

This recently happened to my 2015 CLA. I check the battery and eventually the battery died within a week of the car not starting immediately. After getting a new battery the problem continued. Took it into the dealer to have a diagnostic and they found that the ground from the battery was jumping and limiting the voltage amount to turn the car on. Going on 4 months and the problem has not happened. I would check all the wire associated to the battery.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts