Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Holy shop cloths batman!
reminds me of the surgical tools left in patients
good grief
glad the turbo wasnt damaged by some loose thread lint
Update.

Driven the car to 79000 on the odo. 2 days. 2 trips hwy mostly, cruising speeds, good acceleration, good turbo response when passing. Seems it's a little hot, water temp is a notch above 80. Can't remember if this is usual.

Alignment done, and new firehawks installed. Hugs the road. Solid on road performance. Good cornering, grip out of this world. Car feels lofty over humps and dips on the road. Much like a Buick regal 3.8L supercharged. Tracks wonderful.

Got it home. Cleaned all the bugs off the front fascia. Mirrors. Windshield. And gave a once over with a moist rag over the body work to get off dust and road debris.

Ready for its next adventure.

Something I've been thinking off. Upgraded turbo. Of course a tune too. Maybe the intercooler also. Creates an additional 300bhp with sufficient margin not to blow up the internals. Thoughts on longevity?

·
Premium Member
13,127 Posts
hey i know … when the electronic and mechanical orchestras are all in sync this car hums along well

even a basic obd2 stage1 ecu file tune does wonders with a less restrictive intake filter

the turbo swap will need the larger fmic and another tune though some have already reported more than 300hp

if you have 4matic its worth it
if not you will be scrubbing front tread often

61 - 64 of 64 Posts