Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Super Moderator
310 Posts
Viking... my advice... don't go running to the dealer for every little thing complaining of issues. The dealership will get annoyed by you and it will result in poorer service from them in the future. In this case for example, you don't even know that a dashcam installation had any issue because you never listened to the stereo at that volume before. Does it make sense for a dash cam installation to cause your radio to sound distorted at high volume levels? Or is it just that it's a low power stereo system so it doesn't have the power to sound clean at high power levels?

· Super Moderator
310 Posts
Yes, as the guy agreed the sound was distorted and booked it in so they can hopefully sort it. All I wanted to hear was if anyone knew of any issues with dash cams and my issue.
It's a 6 speaker 100 watt system. The base of the base of stereo options available. It's weak and not made to much of any standard. If you raise the volume... it's not going to sound great because the system wasn't designed to sound great at high volume levels. It's probably working the way it's supposed to.

Sometimes you can add devices to your car and get an alternator whine... or you might hear an interference in the audio when the device you add to your car is turned on and off. But to add a dashcam to your car and then have it cause distortion to your stereo system only when you turn up the volume is really really really really really really unlikely.

What is more likely is that you are just experiencing the limits of that small stereo system.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts