Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just scooped up a 250 last night. It had sports and interior package, Black on black... I have put about 120 miles on it. Picked it up at Mercedes Benz of Ft. Lauderdale.
Love the car.

Having said that, so far here are my 2 complaints with the interior:

1) The lock knobs - Oh those hideous plasticky pieces of crap MB calls lock knobs... Those things will give me nightmares. Mercedes Benz are out of their minds for allowing that piece of crap plastic knob sit on their cars. It's worse than any KIA i've even been in, let alone a Luxury German car. It looks cheap and feel terrible. Anyway, get the AMG ones. Seriously. GET THEM. I already ordered a set.

2) The stitching - While the stitching alone is well done and nicely finished they have 3 different colors in my car. The seats are black leather w. black stitching. the door leather panels are black leather with white stitching and the steering wheel is covered in leather with red stitching. I don't consider myself very picky but the fact that all this stitching is done up in 3 different colors has annoyed me to no end.
Does anyone have the same ridiculous scheme on their CLA?

Other than that I love this car's interior and all around experience so far.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Hey guys, I just scooped up a 250 last night. It had sports and interior package, Black on black... I have put about 120 miles on it. Picked it up at Mercedes Benz of Ft. Lauderdale.
Love the car.

Having said that, so far here are my 2 complaints with the interior:

1) The lock knobs - Oh those hideous plasticky pieces of crap MB calls lock knobs... Those things will give me nightmares. Mercedes Benz are out of their minds for allowing that piece of crap plastic knob sit on their cars. It's worse than any KIA i've even been in, let alone a Luxury German car. It looks cheap and feel terrible. Anyway, get the AMG ones. Seriously. GET THEM. I already ordered a set.

2) The stitching - While the stitching alone is well done and nicely finished they have 3 different colors in my car. The seats are black leather w. black stitching. the door leather panels are black leather with white stitching and the steering wheel is covered in leather with red stitching. I don't consider myself very picky but the fact that all this stitching is done up in 3 different colors has annoyed me to no end.
Does anyone have the same ridiculous scheme on their CLA?

Other than that I love this car's interior and all around experience so far.
The stitching on the steering wheel, according to the order guide, suppose to match the seat color. My C250 coupe has black interior with white stitching on door, center arm rest and seat. And the steering wheel stitching is black which is fine.

The two CLA250 I sat in one has ash interior with ash door panel and arm rest and it has all white stitching. Steering wheel has black stitching. The other has black MB Tex interior with contrasting white stitching on door panel and arm rest but black on seat and steering wheel. Looks fine.

I thought the red stitching only comes with the AMG but sales rep said he saw red steering wheel stitching on cars with sport package which is actually not fine if it doesn't match the rest of the car.

For the CLA45, red stitching is standard on non leather seats, door panels and arm rest along with red seat belt and red stitching on the steering wheel would be perfect. But if we order brown or ash leather option, the order guide specifically mentioned the steering wheel stitching will match the rest of the interior stitching.

I wonder if Mercedes is mix and matching different components in building the cars as they are clearly having supply issues. If that is the case, the early buyers are getting screwed in one more area ( higher price, uncertain built quality control and now mis-matched components.)

BTW, does your car come with sport package ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It does have sports package and yes it's very disappointing that these don't match... It has been bugging me more as I drive it... Oh well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hnb48, not 100% sure how you swap them but I'm told its very quick and easy. I assume they're screw-in, will update you as I change mine.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Hnb48, not 100% sure how you swap them but I'm told its very quick and easy. I assume they're screw-in, will update you as I change mine.
Look up the multiple threads on the door lock pins. We were all over those "ugly" pins a couple of months ago. There was some discussion on whether you have to remove the door panel to replace them or just screw them on and off.

·
Registered
54 Posts
the front door pins can be unscrewed and replaced very easily with the after market aluminium ones -- that's what i did
the rear ones are more tricky, you need to apparently remove the door pannel -- i left them as is

·
Registered
202 Posts
the front door pins can be unscrewed and replaced very easily with the after market aluminium ones -- that's what i did
the rear ones are more tricky, you need to apparently remove the door pannel -- i left them as is
Did you screw the front one of by hand? I tried it today without any luck :(

pdroid: Im sorry to hear that all parts have different stiching, sounds like something the factory did because of last pieces in the line, what does your spec say? Mine has red stiching everywhere, like seats, dash, doors, steering,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts