Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how much boost and hp a stock block 2015 cla250 can handle. I blew my turbo and instead of replacing the oem one, I decided I want to upgrade it. I’m planning on installing a new intercooler, chargepipe, downpipe, turbo and intake along with a tune to support it. I’m not trying to push any crazy numbers, but I’d like to know how much it maxes out at so I won’t blow a headgasket, throw a rod, etc.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Welcome to the CLA Forum Bwolo :)
Hang on for a couple of days, maybe one of us will be able to assist you.
What were the circumstances for blowing your OEM?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the CLA Forum Bwolo :)
Hang on for a couple of days, maybe one of us will be able to assist you.
What were the circumstances for blowing your OEM?
It’s lovely to be here! I had a racechip plug and play, nothing crazy going on to my engine. I didn’t have time to get my oil changed. Low, old, dirty oil mixed with debris split two of the fan blades in my turbo in half when I dropped from 7th to 6th on the highway :(

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
Wow
How was that diagnosis determined? Just curious
The m133 variant with similar block casting holds >26psi and the m270 holds >21psi from my data
Not too shabby

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow
How was that diagnosis determined? Just curious
The m133 variant with similar block casting holds >26psi and the m270 holds >21psi from my data
Not too shabby
I took apart my air filter, it had a lot of debris, took a look at my oil and it was pure black and low. I also took a look at my turbo and it seems may have split.

I was planning on throwing on a 58mm garrett turbo, but if the block can only take 21-26 psi of boost, I’m not so sure it’s the best idea. Taking it to my mechanic this weekend to see what he has to say, but I’m fairly certain it’s blown and needs replacing.

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
Hmmm ... figured there be more obvious dings from your comments
Do post what the mechanic says

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
We are interested to know the dealer oem replacement cost
and the mechanic's estimate for the mod..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mechanic didn’t even look at the turbo, they ran diagnostics instead...... Driving back, the turbo did end up spooling without the tune. When I reinstalled the GTS Black RaceChip, the boost was extremely choppy as if the tune was malfunctioning. Since then, I’ve taken the tune off completely and ordered an AMR Performance hand comport tune. I’m just going to wait for the turbo to completely blow and then go stage 2.

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
hmmm corrupt bit in the firmware or a wonky wire bond within a chip
well the good news is the motor and its stock components are ok

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hmmm corrupt bit in the firmware or a wonky wire bond within a chip
well the good news is the motor and its stock components are ok
That is the good thing. The turbo is most definitely split on two of the blades, I purchased and AMR tune. When the turbo eventually blows I will be going stage 2 W/ their turbo. Just tryna make power reliably tbh.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts