Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi sorry if I’m posting in the wrong place but I thought if his only helps one person then I’ll take the heat.
I’ve been having issues with my sunroof mainly it closes to the wind break and then reopens slightly again. The rain censor close was also popping the roof up into vent Pos for soMe reason. I didn’t see anyone posting this exact issue so I thought I’d list my solution yay!!

So yes trolled the forums and tried the reset recalibrate process (thanks everyone)
Not my fix sorry to say.

after experimenting and lunricating the rails etc with silicone based lube (very precisely I might add) the problem persisted.

it turns out that it is the force or opposition that the blind was offering as the roof shut that triggered it to open again slightly.

my daughter bless her simply pushed the blind forward a tab and we noticed the roof closed perfectly. Well done Lexi !
So I’m yet to ACTUALLY FIX THIS, however we know what’s causing the issue.
I hope this helps someone and or someone can let me know how to lubricate the blind or reduce the resistance the blind puts on the sunroof as it closes.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
I had the same issues and held the switch until it fully closed. I haven't opened it since as sunroof repairs are expensive.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Hi sorry if I’m posting in the wrong place but I thought if his only helps one person then I’ll take the heat.
I’ve been having issues with my sunroof mainly it closes to the wind break and then reopens slightly again. The rain censor close was also popping the roof up into vent Pos for soMe reason. I didn’t see anyone posting this exact issue so I thought I’d list my solution yay!!

So yes trolled the forums and tried the reset recalibrate process (thanks everyone)
Not my fix sorry to say.

after experimenting and lunricating the rails etc with silicone based lube (very precisely I might add) the problem persisted.

it turns out that it is the force or opposition that the blind was offering as the roof shut that triggered it to open again slightly.

my daughter bless her simply pushed the blind forward a tab and we noticed the roof closed perfectly. Well done Lexi !
So I’m yet to ACTUALLY FIX THIS, however we know what’s causing the issue.
I hope this helps someone and or someone can let me know how to lubricate the blind or reduce the resistance the blind puts on the sunroof as it closes.
Wow, I've had this problem for 6 years, just keep holding the sunroof button until it fully closes, intermittent so i never bothered to bring it in for this problem. I always thought it may have something to do with the computer, only happens when I start the car and then try to close the roof. If I wait about 30 seconds, then try it, it closes. This may be a different problem, don"t know.

·
Registered
11,133 Posts
Come to think of it ... sometime last year I was maybe 5 minutes into a drive and wanted to open (slide back) the pano (I usually pop it up right after ignition to relieve the seals) and the switch did nothing nada nil zippo ... then tried it again about 15 minutes later and it was back to normal operation and (knock on glass) no issues since.
Almost like the computer system was “busy” with something else at the time I wanted to open the pano.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
as much as I love the pano roof I might opt out next upgrade. Seems to be many issues where its at the point on not even using it anymore.

·
Registered
11,133 Posts
Yeah its one of those if it works its great if not its hell type of option
Knocking on mineral glass here ...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts