Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2014 CLA 250 with a pano sunroof. It has a piece of black trim in between the front windshield and the sunroof. It looks like the sun has taken a toll on this piece of trim which initially was totally black and now is faded and starting to peel. Has anyone else had this issue? If so, what have you done to protect it? I tried to protect it with some ceramic but I think it's too late as it has started to peel. Is there a way to replace it? If not, maybe wrapping is a solution? Anybody know what it's made of?

·
Registered
12,506 Posts
we should have a poll on the fix

repaint or wrap :cool:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. Looks like a clear coat failure to me. Guess wrapping is a good solution.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Mine actually had a 2 inch crack, it's made of plastic, not glass, had it replaced, cost me $500 deductible, (piece cost $400 plus $400 labor), I got screwed, should have had it wrapped for a lot less, but I was worried the crack might open up.
No windshield replacement shop would touch it, had to go to an upholstery/auto top shop, they did an excellent job.

·
Registered
12,506 Posts
No windshield replacement shop would touch it, had to go to an upholstery/auto top shop, they did an excellent job.
oh ... that mini highway robbery case

remind me ... how did they get that polycarb panel off???

·
Registered
211 Posts
They said was all the work was from the exterior, did not have to remove the headliner.
Whatever they did, it was a fantastic job, you cannot tell it was replaced.
This place in Rhode Island does all kinds of upholstery from Bentley's, Ferraris, you name it.

·
Registered
12,506 Posts
Would you mind providing contact info for this great shop?

Appreciate it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts