Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2017. I usually plug my phone into the usb and Android auto starts automatically with Google Play and Google Map. But I couldn’t figure out how to switch to listen CD. I click on the car screen to exit Android Auto, but when I go up to highlight Media tab, there is no CD option. The only way to do it is actually exiting the Android auto app on my cell phone, which can be annoying.

Also, is there no key slot for the trunk? My battery died the other day and I couldn’t open the truck from the switch on the door.

·
Registered
12,114 Posts
Re: trunk
If battery is weak a turn of the key to attempt ignition should pop the trunk
Or lower the rear seatbacks and access the emergency release

·
Registered
2 Posts
Don't pull down that little door next to the trunk handle. LOL, i figured out by accident that's the backup camera while searching for a truck key hole.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
when in the media tab you need to one click down on your control knob and it should pull up the menu at the bottom to select devices. Or you can always set cd as a favorites option and just use that to navigate. I have that setup for radio and Bluetooth on my car.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not quite sure I understand what you are describing. I spoke with the Mercedes tech today and they said once you plugged your Android auto into the usb, then the only way to go back to listening to CD is to exit the Android app on your phone, or unplug it and throw it out the window in frustration.

apparently Mercedes can make a car stop in a collision but can’t design something simple as switching between CD and Android auto ??‍♂

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
when in the media tab you need to one click down on your control knob and it should pull up the menu at the bottom to select devices. Or you can always set cd as a favorites option and just use that to navigate. I have that setup for radio and Bluetooth on my car.
ok trying to figure this out again. Am I the only one that can’t easily switch between android auto to CD? Regarding your suggestion, CD option is not available anywhere when Android auto is connected, even if I go and exit the app. So frustrating.

How do I set CD as a favorite?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts