Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have been looking at the CLA 45 AMG for some time now. I have spoken to a couple of dealerships and decided to discuss my purchase with Marshalls.

I was quoted $98,000 drive-away no options besides Metallic Paint (Black) which in my opinion is well over the top in terms of price for this car. I won't mention the sales guys name because he doesn't deserve a grilling for trying to earn a buck, but I think someone is taking the piss here.

I don't want to fall victim of being ripped off because I am already struggling trying to get the wife to allow me to purchase it :)

I am looking for people's recommendation on the sales person and dealership that you feel I would get a good deal at (good deal meaning a fair price, I know these things you can't get bargains on right now).

I work for a large corporate so I am entitled to the additional discount. (by the way that price above was including it!).

If you prefer to be anonymous about it, that's fine just PM me if you can tell me the price I should expect and who to go too would be very appreciated.

Cheers,

·
Registered
103 Posts
that price sounds like they're quoting a dealer delivery that's higher than the recommended figure on the MB website, in fact i paid over the recommended for mine too...
shop around i think ESP has a few recommendations. I think the target price should be about 95k including the carbon fibre and black wheels

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hey guys,

Yeah. I recommend Ben Bradley from Mcintosh Mosman. They were dealership of the year 8 years running and he has been there 13 years. He is the sales manager.
Tell him your a mate of mine (Eddy) and he will look after you.

I get the corporate deal and I got Carbon + Black wheels and it was Around $95k drive away.

Also he has secured me one of the first customer production cars in Aus. He is good.

Let me know how you go.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Hi gekrem
My initial deposit was also with Marshall's until I had a falling out with the sales manager. I won't go into details but lets just say I have never felt so disappointed in the way I was treated before
I moved my business over to MB Sydney and have been dealing with Matthew Kay and Russell Jones. I can't speak highly enough of them. I too qualify for the corporate package and am getting a metallic black car with carbon fiber trim for around 94k. Apart from the corporate pack there shouldn't be too much discounting but 98k is way too much!
I definitely recommend MB Sydney. Speak to Matt or Russell and tell them Dennis recommended you to them :)

PS metallic paint should be included according to the spec sheet

·
Registered
616 Posts
Hi Gekrem,

I agree with Mercedes of Sydney recommendation, especially Russel Jones (he is on leave but available on his mobile, the dealership should put you through if not I can pass it on to you). Corporate discount should cut about $1600 off the price. Mine in silver with the black rims was 94500. Lands October 15, delivery October 17. Try Russel an excellent guy, my experience with Marshall's has been extensive, in a nut shell ( and this is only my point of view experience over and over with numerous sales people) Marshall's was/is always greasy, sleazy and not straight forward, you walk out feeling some how financially violated/deceived. For those Marshall fans my apologies this has been my experience

·
Registered
616 Posts
Also Mercedes benz of Sydney is a owned by Mercedes Australia, therefore follow Mercedes guidelines not the local dealer principles agenda

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone. Speaking to Russell now he sounds like a great guy. Let's see how we go.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
616 Posts
Great, good luck. I am sure he will look after you. After buying a lot of cars over years I have found it best buying from the factory dealership like Mercedes of Sydney.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Good to hear you are talking to Russell
I spent three hours today at MB Sydney drooling over the first CLA200s in stock. They look so good in the metal and makes me even more excited for mine to arrive. Russell was busy but Matthew was happy to stay with me for the three hours. Now that's customer service!
Keep us posted on how you go ?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Haha same here. I went to mosman. They were in the process of cleaning the cars. There was a silver and a white and I must say I felt that white was amazing. Very exciting to see them in the flesh.

Such a beautiful and perfect car for me anyways.

Can't wait to see the amg in flesh

Think it will be a show stopper

·
Registered
616 Posts
Doh!! I ordered the silver 45amg due in a week or so. Hope I don't regret not getting the white. My logic was easier to keep clean and probably more white more ubiquitous. To be honest actually there was no logic. Just wanted it ASAP. Lol

·
Registered
616 Posts
Interesting. Only 200 cla45 amg shirting USA this year (I wonder how much here in Aus) and they seem to indicating in this forum beyond 2013 ie 2014 who knows when they will receive their cars many are saying June 2014. Not sure what the Aus market and orders are doing. Anyone know? I am lucky getting mine in mid October. It does raise quality concerns for later orders with amg staff and staff in Hungary working double shifts due to demand. MB and their AMG arm have been caught out with the huge demand. A new thing for AMG, mass production. Americans are not used to pre ordering and awaiting build and then delivery. They usually get it off the floor. MB USA is feeling the pressure I am sure.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts