Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2014 cla250 premium package, sport package, driver assist package. In most of the pictures/videos of the cla, the taillights consist of an upper and lower oblong outline that lights up. On my car the taillight consists of one line that cures from the inside upper to the lower outside of the taillight. Is this a different model, different lighting package or what? It does not appear wrong or defective, just different. Anyone have any idea why the difference? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
2014 cla250 premium package, sport package, driver assist package. In most of the pictures/videos of the cla, the taillights consist of an upper and lower oblong outline that lights up. On my car the taillight consists of one line that cures from the inside upper to the lower outside of the taillight. Is this a different model, different lighting package or what? It does not appear wrong or defective, just different. Anyone have any idea why the difference? Thanks.
The dual led line version comes with the bi xenon option, the 1 line ledstrip is standard.
Yes, Rocket is correct. When you get the Bi-Xenon headlights option for $850, the option also includes full LED tail lights which is what you see in most pictures.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
can someone post pics of the standard single LED strip? Seems like all stock photo's i've seen show the two outline LED that comes with the bixenon package

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Thanks...trying to figure if the bixenon is worth 850. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
342 Posts
I think it's a must have, accentuates the CLA's great looks which is its strength not to mention the bi-xenon headlights are much better at night than the reflector halogen ones. $850 is a small price to pay in terms of the total overall price of the car, if in doubt try negotiating more discount =)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Thanks...trying to figure if the bixenon is worth 850. What do you guys think?
For me it was a must have. The car just doesn't look the same without them and they improve visibility a great deal. As noreason said, it really accentuates the curves on the CLA. It's worth it.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I got the sport package without the Bi-Xenon lights and it still looks great. I couldn't justify $850.00 for the lights.
$850 when financed into your car loan over 60 months is only $15 extra per month. Not much extra, you probably pay more for coffee each week!

- Just iPhoning it in!

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
looks like i'll be getting the bixenon headlights and led tail lamps

Also I never finance my cars. I hate having a car payment so I always pay cash. But I guess it does make sense that over 5 years its not that much more :)

Now I just need to decide if i need that premium package

Configuration so far
White Cirrus White, 18" wheels, Pano Roof, Bixenon MSRP 33655 ... To Premium or not to Premium.. HMMMM

·
Registered
1,072 Posts

Also I never finance my cars. I hate having a car payment so I always pay cash. But I guess it does make sense that over 5 years its not that much more :)

Configuration so far
White Cirrus White, 18" wheels, Pano Roof, Bixenon MSRP 33655 ... To Premium or not to Premium.. HMMMM
If I had to pick one option package, I think I would choose the Sport Pkg over the Premium. It just makes the CLA really stand out! Plus, you'd get the 18" wheels included and not have to pay extra. Just my take on it!

·
Registered
191 Posts
The turn signal/hazard amber lights are an LED strip just like the daytime running lights on the HID option as well. If I were to get any one option as a MUST have, it would be the lighting package. Night driving is much better to see and it really enhances the esthetics of the car dramatically!!!!!

·
Registered
178 Posts

Configuration so far
I would recommend the premium package over the sport package but that's just me. I agree that the car looks better with sport but it's still so damn nice without it. Without the premium package it just doesn't feel like a Mercedes. Plus, I wanted satellite radio and that's the only way to get it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Toothtech, do you have amber tail lights? Could you tell me where you got them and how did you install them in your car, was it simply plug and play?

·
Registered
2,921 Posts

Configuration so far
A month later - have you decided on the premium package ? I didn't and I can offer you my take if you are still thinking.

·
Registered
2016 CLA 250 4matic
8 Posts
I just got a 2016 with premium package and I thought it had EVERYTHING. just realized It didn’t have the cooler lights! Darn

1 - 20 of 20 Posts