Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just put a small tear in the fabric that shades the sunroof. Is there a yone who has had this happen and rrpair or replace it? Looking to see what the cost or options might be.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I don't think I have seen any posts about tearing the sunroof fabric I'm afraid, a trip to the stealership I guess. Would be interested to hear how much they want from you to replace it.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
On mine the glue has come off on the eedges and it now sags so im debating very carefully and patiently gluing the liner back on.

·
Registered
4 Posts
So I just put a small tear in the fabric that shades the sunroof. Is there a yone who has had this happen and rrpair or replace it? Looking to see what the cost or options might be.
The part and repair are expensive. It seems like the process involves removing the sunroof and not something I would like to undergo. I'm considering just removing the shade entirely, although I believe it still involves removal of the sunroof and other delicate parts. My mechanic said it would take him some time since he needs to be very careful.

·
Registered
17 Posts
On mine the glue has come off on the eedges and it now sags so im debating very carefully and patiently gluing the liner back on.
I am having this same issue now. Were you able to fix it?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Seems like some of the guys on the Audi forum (Audizine) have experience replacing their sunshades without having to remove the entire sunroof. It does require you to drop the headline, retract the glass into service mode, and replace the entire sunshade roll. These repairs should be more common given that almost all auto manufacturers are installing these.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
I managed to pull my shade out without having to remove anything. Though I probably will have to replace the entire shade rolling mechanism if I ever replace it but it stopped retracting because it was sagging pretty bad.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
basically. I had one of the rollers come off the track so I managed to pull the other roller off without any damage. Sunroof still works also so I managed to not break anything! I might use the shade with some old school curtain rods to hold up the shade!

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
oh ... must get the benz oem super titanium alloy curtain rods though ...
had them special ordered from Germany! I mean wallyworld.
:ROFLMAO:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts