Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
It will definitely appeal to many who are interested in small cross-overs or SUVs but CLA buyers will still prefer the sedan - of course, I am speaking for myself.
BTW, there will be a GLA45 too. Since it shares the same platform as the CLA, it will be a bit short on room. My understanding is that it will start at around $35000-$36000
putting a decently equipped one at low $40k. X-1 fighter. Much better looking.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It will definitely appeal to many who are interested in small cross-overs or SUVs but CLA buyers will still prefer the sedan - of course, I am speaking for myself.
BTW, there will be a GLA45 too. Since it shares the same platform as the CLA, it will be a bit short on room. My understanding is that it will start at around $35000-$36000
putting a decently equipped one at low $40k. X-1 fighter. Much better looking.
hmmn, 35-36k sounds a bit pricey; thats what the GLK starts at. I dont think the GLA is $5000 to $6000 more than the CLA. I could see the AWD version being 35k though, with the FWD being maybe 32 or 33k. I like both of them, the CLA and GLA...for me though, i need to see both of them and see which one fits me best. I have been driving the family minivan for a year now, so i have kinda become used to sitting higher up.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
hmmn, 35-36k sounds a bit pricey; thats what the GLK starts at. I dont think the GLA is $5000 to $6000 more than the CLA. I could see the AWD version being 35k though, with the FWD being maybe 32 or 33k. I like both of them, the CLA and GLA...for me though, i need to see both of them and see which one fits me best. I have been driving the family minivan for a year now, so i have kinda become used to sitting higher up.
Wait till you get older. You really appreciate not having to "drop" into or "climb" out of your car seat. I have never owned an SUV but recently rented one while vacationing in Wyoming. Really like the fact that I could turn, move my butt and be standing on the ground. Great for my aging hips and back... Just a reminder the GLA starts at $35-$36k and that's the bare bone base car. Like getting a $30k CLA. You have to be realistically looking at $40k for a decently equipped one.

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
I remember the first time my Dad bent himself like a pretzel to get into my Sonett. Coincidentally, that was also the last time he got into my Sonett. It makes the C4S feel like a Jeep. I hate swapping either car for the Volvo in the same day because I end up feelimg like I'm sitting in an SUV. My wife, on the other hand, complains about the Volvo's ride height because it's "so low to get into."

-Eric

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wait till you get older. You really appreciate not having to "drop" into or "climb" out of your car seat. I have never owned an SUV but recently rented one while vacationing in Wyoming. Really like the fact that I could turn, move my butt and be standing on the ground. Great for my aging hips and back... Just a reminder the GLA starts at $35-$36k and that's the bare bone base car. Like getting a $30k CLA. You have to be realistically looking at $40k for a decently equipped one.
im still pretty young, ill be 28 in a few days, but for some reason, the GLA all of a sudden just seems more appealing. I want to get into outdoorsy activities more, maybe the extra ride height will be useful. Do you think the GLA will start at $35-36k? Thats more than $5k on top of the CLA, for a vehicle that is essentially a raised A class. Also that price bangs right up to the current GLK. I honestly think it will start around 32-33k...the AWD version i could see being at 35k.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
im still pretty young, ill be 28 in a few days, but for some reason, the GLA all of a sudden just seems more appealing. I want to get into outdoorsy activities more, maybe the extra ride height will be useful. Do you think the GLA will start at $35-36k? Thats more than $5k on top of the CLA, for a vehicle that is essentially a raised A class. Also that price bangs right up to the current GLK. I honestly think it will start around 32-33k...the AWD version i could see being at 35k.
The GLA shown by the "artist's version" is loaded. It has at least the Sport Package ($2000,) Premium Package ( $2200,) Multi-Media Package ( $2370,) leather ($1500,) Panoramic Roof ($1480,) Metallic Paint ( $720,) and Walnut Trim ( $300. ) That adds up to $9850 worth of options. Plus $975 destination charge and a base price of say $34995 bring the car up to almost $46000. Then it is so much prettier than the GLK - like comparing the CLA to the C300. And a GLK with all these options will go over $50k albeit probably with a bunch of deals. To me, the GLA is like an X-1 from BMW. Really small SUV that is design for only two passengers and a ton of gears.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
The GLA shown by the "artist's version" is loaded. It has at least the Sport Package ($2000,) Premium Package ( $2200,) Multi-Media Package ( $2370,) leather ($1500,) Panoramic Roof ($1480,) Metallic Paint ( $720,) and Walnut Trim ( $300. ) That adds up to $9850 worth of options. Plus $975 destination charge and a base price of say $34995 bring the car up to almost $46000. Then it is so much prettier than the GLK - like comparing the CLA to the C300. And a GLK with all these options will go over $50k albeit probably with a bunch of deals. To me, the GLA is like an X-1 from BMW. Really small SUV that is design for only two passengers and a ton of gears.
yeah 46k is too much for me, even though it looks that good. I will probably end up sticking with the CLA (the way i optioned it out, everything but sunroof and leather, comes out to 41k). Although looking at that website in the previous post, no mention is made of a panoramic sunroof; its possible a regular sunroof will be standard.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Very good looking baby'ute... I'd hit it, twice! :D

·
Registered
278 Posts
wow now that's a crossover, makes the accord crossover look like small game. hah!

very impressive.. designed almost like the CLA. same interior im diggin this crossover A+

·
Registered
278 Posts
yeah 46k is too much for me, even though it looks that good. I will probably end up sticking with the CLA (the way i optioned it out, everything but sunroof and leather, comes out to 41k). Although looking at that website in the previous post, no mention is made of a panoramic sunroof; its possible a regular sunroof will be standard.

the pano is defintely worth the extra 1400$

1 - 15 of 15 Posts