Mercedes CLA Forum banner

Tell Me You're Not Getting a CLA After Seeing This. I Dare You.

7K views 31 replies 11 participants last post by  outsider 
#1 ·

#6 ·
I'm torn between the grey, silver, and white, but I think I lean more towards the lighter colors.

#4 ·
Makes me NOT want to get a CLA. The type of demographic that is attracted to commercials like that, are not my type of people.

That doesn't tell me anything about the car... I think I know why MB hired this guy, its to attract the younger audiences. But to me its just a dumb ass commercial lol.

#5 ·
Lol that's fair. While the video doesn't tell us anything about the car, I think, like you said, it's intention is solely to create pure hype, which for me anyway, it absolutely did. I think MB is very smart partnering with someone like Casey Neistat and trying to create a fun, renegade image. This is the car they're targeting towards Gen Y, maybe even early Millennials, so they have to create excitement and capture our attention. With this, they succeeded.

#8 ·
Keep in mind they still have never showed the commercial. it will be part 4

The video in the first scene of the grey one where he turns the corner hard I keep watching it !

it makes me want gray. I have a word out to my dealer to get a quote to order my cla painted polar white which is an optional c-class color. A true white

If I can't get my car in polar white for under 1k I'm going to switch it to grey

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mercedes CLA Forum mobile app

#14 ·
I think when you have a new product to sell, it is good strategy to bring in a pretty woman to draw guys' attention. Then you should just let the product - in this case - a very pretty CLA, sell itself. The guys are all following the bikini clad young lady and missed the subject of the alleged commercial.
And what about the women buyers ? The guy with the funky face and hairdo is not going to do it. Not even close...

#30 ·
To everyone who has expressed negative feelings towards the video, keep in mind that the CLA is ultimately being targeted towards the Gen Y demographic (i.e. people in their late 20's, early 30's). Even early Millennials (i.e. people in their early-mid 20's) have expressed interest in this car. The latter generation, at least, multi-tasking, easily-distracted, technology-wired, and young, responds to something like this. If you want a better gauge of the effectiveness of the marketing presented here, look no further than the overwhelmingly positive YouTube comments.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.