Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2015 CLA temperature gage rises to 120 degrees. My husband has checked to see if any coolant is leaking just now to see if the water pump needs to be replaced. (No leaks) I searched in other threads but didn’t really see anything. Has anyone else experienced this issue before? If so, how did you repair it

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
One possible culprit is the thermostat just behind the intake manifold. Also have your husband check for codes.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
If the drive belt has not been changed since 2015 then it might be slipping, preventing the water pump (and alternator) to function properly.

·
Registered
2014 CLA 250 4MATIC ✨
94 Posts
My 2015 CLA temperature gage rises to 120 degrees. My husband has checked to see if any coolant is leaking just now to see if the water pump needs to be replaced. (No leaks) I searched in other threads but didn’t really see anything. Has anyone else experienced this issue before? If so, how did you repair it
Check for coolant leaks, check the water pump and the thermostat. All three went out on my baby like a year ago.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I drove a 2014 CLA with no issues. Currently driving a 2020 CLA 45 with ‘low coolant’ alerts. I didn’t notice any leaks but the dealership did a pressure test (I had to pay) and found a small leak. Took forever to get the part. Was recently replaced. I was also told that AMGs engines ‘consume’ coolant over time. Not sure about it. Cheers.

·
Registered
6 Posts
On the coolant leak, check the plastic coolant reservoir. Supposedly these are notorious for leaking eventually. I just replaced mine today myself after getting low coolant messages once a month for the past few months. It was about $30 off eBay new, really easy to change.

This was the first issue I’ve had with my 2014 CLA250, and just taking it in on Friday for it’s 16th 10,000 mile oil change. Currently 159,800 miles on it, and this was the first issue. I’ve never even done the Service A’s or B’s, just the $99 oil change at the Mercedes dealer every 10k miles. This has been the best car I’ve ever owned, been super happy with it, and hoping to get another 160k miles out of it with only $30 in repairs, haha (aside from a set of front brake pads, a set of rear brake pads, tires and a battery obviously). Great car!

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
@Cla250benx

No A nor B checklists? Gutsy!

You are a rare blessed one

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
On the coolant leak, check the plastic coolant reservoir. Supposedly these are notorious for leaking eventually. I just replaced mine today myself after getting low coolant messages once a month for the past few months. It was about $30 off eBay new, really easy to change.

This was the first issue I’ve had with my 2014 CLA250, and just taking it in on Friday for it’s 16th 10,000 mile oil change. Currently 159,800 miles on it, and this was the first issue. I’ve never even done the Service A’s or B’s, just the $99 oil change at the Mercedes dealer every 10k miles. This has been the best car I’ve ever owned, been super happy with it, and hoping to get another 160k miles out of it with only $30 in repairs, haha (aside from a set of front brake pads, a set of rear brake pads, tires and a battery obviously). Great car!
Wow you car will be a museum just like Janeway's Voyager.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts