Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why does the temperture gauge always stay towards 80' degrees. at first i was worried when i bought the car, shouldnt the temp be in the middle or lower

I just think that the gauge shouldn't exceed 80 degrees. any thoughts? anyone thanks!

Reactions: Pa2b32

·
Registered
230 Posts
Most modern cars I have owned run at about 90 degrees centigrade in the UK that is so 80 is almost where I would expect it. The cooling system is under pressure so the boiling point of the coolant is way past the sea level boiling point of 100 degrees centigrade.

Unless you see a warning light pop up or see the gauge on max I would not be concerned.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Why does the temperture gauge always stay towards 80' degrees. at first i was worried when i bought the car, shouldnt the temp be in the middle or lower

I just think that the gauge shouldn't exceed 80 degrees. any thoughts? anyone thanks!
I noticed the same thing, but not worried at this point.

·
Registered
199 Posts

I wondered the same thing!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Until it hits over 115C there is nothing to worry about. Modern analog temperature gauges dampen out temperature oscillations so drivers don't freak out. So if it's showing 80 at all the time, it's likely bouncing around between 80 and 100+.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.