Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all CLA fans,

I'm from Luxembourg and was lucky to get the CLA 250 on my hands for a test drive. I enjoyed it really for two hours long.
Here are some pics, I've ordered one in the same gray montain color with AMG package, Night Package, Bi-Xenon, Panoramic Roof, and the interior in light grey leather (exclusive package)
It will take a long time to get it delivered, it's previewed for around august.

Here some exclusive pics...

See u soon

Attachments

·
Registered
339 Posts
Nice photos. How about you give us some impressions of the 2 hour drive?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The car is sporty as in visual aspect as in driving. I was just a little disappointed with the 2 liter-turbocharged petrol engine sound as it is a 4-cylinder. I must say that I drive 6 cylinder cars for almost 14 years (3 cars BMW). In the other hand the 4-cylinder is more economical and environmentally friendly. Anyway, the new BMW series 3 are stepping back too with 4-cylinder engines with the same selling arguments. The CLA has a look that I can not find anywhere else in a German brand and especially for the price it is offered. I have to count 5k to 7.5k€ more for a car with similar options in the brand of BMW with 3-series, Audi A4 or VW Passat. The perfomance of the 250 is just good enough, it reacts fast on speed shifting. The handling on road semt to be well too, as I didn't push the limits so far on a test car and the weather wasn't pretty as well. I'm currently driving an X3 3.0liter petrol (231 horsepower) and its dynamic 4-matic permits to trust quickly on the car behaviors. So I won't be able to give you my feelings yet on a front-whell drive, since this needs more driving experience. I have a quiet driving but wanted some power, it's safer to know there is torque enough to exceed cars ;-)
I love that idea of a 4-door coupe compact (30 cm smaller than a CLS) that offers dynamic design and easy accessibility to the rear seats (in comparison with a 2-door). The interior really worth the money, especially with the option Exclusive or AMG Exclusive, i think you will use other words to describe those packages.

@Joey: Funny comment, you got it ;-) and concerning the Edition One Version in Europe, this is not the Edition 1. The only difference is in the interior with its unique seats, including white and yellow lines in each seatback, including stitching in yellow on dashboard and doors. For the rest you can set up the car as you like.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Sandan, thanks for the write-up. Yea, anything has to be better sounding than the new petrol BMW N20 4 cylinder turbo. That BMW engine sounds like shaking a tin can with bolts inside of it. It almost sounds like a deisel when idle. Hopefully the Mercedes 4 clyinder turbo sounds better. It is the only engine offered for the CLA in the United States.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Rear seats are rather thought for small to medium sized people. I think you won't feel confortable on the both side seats if you are taller than 1,80m. You have to watch out your head when entering through the rear door. The seat in the middle is just auxiliary, it's more done for kids.
The space between the knees and the front seat is very good, allowing taller people to slide forward and not to touch their heads on the roof but they will probably not travel long in taking this position. This is quite comparable with a real 2-door coupe.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts