Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saw the CLA in person today at Merc Kingsway.. Even though it's just a CLA200 but the dimensions are the same as the CLA45.

The rear seats are small. I'm 5'9" and when I sit in the back (sitting up straight, not 'relaxed'), my head just touches the roof lining. Shit.. This may be a show stopper for me..

·
Registered
616 Posts
Kids only back seat I think. Looks good in white, the amg body kit makes it harder to differentiate from a true 45 amg.

Looks like the edition 1 seats? I thought none coming to aus

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kids only back seat I think. Looks good in white, the amg body kit makes it harder to differentiate from a true 45 amg.

Looks like the edition 1 seats? I thought none coming to aus
Yeah that sloping roof line is a real pain. Looks great but rear seats are for 5'7" people only on long trips.
Short trips are ok for up to 6' tall.. Just need to slide out a bit

There were two Edition 1's on display. The white and black in the background.

I'm seriously reconsidering my CLA45 order now.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Wow awesome photos. Thanks so much for sharing. Should be seeing one on thursday in Sydney. Yeah you have to remember its a compactt car. The rear seats arnt going to the best.
I am a 27 year old male with a girl. The rear seats will still be new in 4 years time. So no concern to me. 30 days till i get my AMG. Exciting times

·
Registered
534 Posts
I think white with black rims is so cool.

This is the combo I have ordered for my AMG.

:wink:

·
Registered
616 Posts
I understand your concerns about the rear seats. I have a Porsche 911 carrera s 991 version ie current version. The rear seats in the 911 are tight, but quite fine for my 7 year old and 4 year old who love it, my 9 yo also fits in fine but does not enjoy the rear seats but she is the girl in the group and doesn't appreciate the thrill of the engine roar, and would rather have comfy seats and a rear entertainment system. The CLA should be considered an improvement on the 911 in terms of rear access but not for grown adults, perhaps up to 14 (depending on growth spurts). Adults for very short drives around the corner only in the back seats, anything more would be unpleasant.
16 days till my amg.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've got an 18 month old baby and its unlikely I'll be in the back, so should be ok. Just takes away from the overall practicality of the car.

I might hold out for the new C? Or 2015 C63

·
Registered
96 Posts
I found the back seats same as my old e92 335i to be honest and I think those seats are better than those at the back of a 911.

·
Registered
182 Posts
The car is built around the front two seats. The back is an after thought or good for small children. This isn't a car pool car.

No arm rest is really really odd!

·
Registered
616 Posts
Isofix is great, if only you could by isofix child seats in Australia. Or has that changed now?

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Just saw the CLA in person today at Merc Kingsway.. Even though it's just a CLA200 but the dimensions are the same as the CLA45.

The rear seats are small. I'm 5'9" and when I sit in the back (sitting up straight, not 'relaxed'), my head just touches the roof lining. Shit.. This may be a show stopper for me..
Ironically if the CLA had a square box-like roof line that provides great headroom in the rear, you won't even be considering the car because it looks like crap.

Quite hard to strike the sweet spot between practicality and looks.

Compared to the 911 back seats ( I choked to call them that, ) which are designed for beings without lower torso, the CLA is like a limo...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The car is built around the front two seats. The back is an after thought or good for small children. This isn't a car pool car.

No arm rest is really really odd!
No arm rest? Are you talking about the rear seats and door arm rests?

The CLA Ed1 I saw had the fold down centre console, which would be the arm rests and has the pop out cup holders

·
Registered
381 Posts
Yea, of course the rear seats are small. Even without stepping inside the car, you can tell that they are small by the sloping roofline. That's why Mercedes calls it a 4 door "coupe". They go out of their way to make that distinction.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just seen and sat in the back of a CLA45 at the launch last night.

I'm sad to say I have cancelled my order as the back seats we're no better in CLA45. I thought they would be the same, but hoped the seats 'may' be different.. But no

Here's some pics just for fun.. I only got one pic of the CLA45 as there was too many people. Plus after sitting in it, I lost interest

ImageUploadedByMercedes CLA Forum1381448515.605043.jpg

ImageUploadedByMercedes CLA Forum1381448532.619166.jpg

ImageUploadedByMercedes CLA Forum1381448548.301883.jpg

ImageUploadedByMercedes CLA Forum1381448564.154324.jpg

ImageUploadedByMercedes CLA Forum1381448576.851871.jpg

1 - 20 of 21 Posts