Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Read it and tell me what you think. I know it's a useless gesture, but I wanted to let them know how I feel.

I love the new CLA Class. I wanted to see it at the Toronto International Auto Show in Toronto, Canada, but for some reason Mercedes decided NOT TO HAVE IT at the auto show. I would like to know why? You created a HUGE amount of hype and then for the Toronto auto show, you don't show it. Instead, we get the concept coupe AGAIN. I believe you missed out on generating even more buzz about this vehicle, especially to the younger generation. Lexus, Cadillac and Audi all have new vehicles debuting at the Toronto show. I am really disappointed in Mercedes head office and your decision.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I think you directed it to the wrong place: it would have been Mercedes-Benz Canada's decision......but....

Considering that production just began 2 weeks ago, it's unrealistic to expect a real CLA at the show, on this continent!

·
Registered
515 Posts
...i would have sent the letter to the Autoshow and Mercedes... but what will be will be... its going be shown on March 3 at the Geneva show... just another 2 weeks to go...
then lots of new videos maybe some test drives and more things explained to us about the car....
yesterday i personally visited my local Mercedes dealer... i was told a well equipped CLA will be around $35,000, or about the same price as entry level C class 250 which is pretty nice too... i sat in one and felt good... but im a bigger fan of CLA like most of us here...

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I think you directed it to the wrong place: it would have been Mercedes-Benz Canada's decision......but....

Considering that production just began 2 weeks ago, it's unrealistic to expect a real CLA at the show, on this continent!
No. Mercedes Canada told me that they were told it would not be available for the Toronto show and that the people at Mercedes Canada were quite upset. Besides, they had 2 real CLA's at the Detroit show for the press. Those two could have made the "auto show rounds" here in NA.

·
Registered
871 Posts
CLAMP is correct, the CLA was present in Detroit so why not transport it up to Canada? I feel for you brother, I just went to the DC Auto Show but knew the CLA wouldn't be there. Instead I took the time to see all the exterior/interior layouts I may be able to potentially choose from.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
CLAMP is correct, the CLA was present in Detroit so why not transport it up to Canada? I feel for you brother, I just went to the DC Auto Show but knew the CLA wouldn't be there. Instead I took the time to see all the exterior/interior layouts I may be able to potentially choose from.
That sucks. It should have been available on the auto show circuit in both the US and Canada.

·
Registered
62 Posts
The reason the CLA wasn't transported from Detroit to Toronto is because it went IMMEDIATELY back to Europe for it's real introduction at some Mercedes sponsored fashion show. In fact, it technically was never at the North American International Auto Show. It was previewed the night before the opening press day (which I was at) at NAIAS and it had already left to return home. In fact, the car wasn't even previewed in the same venue at the NAIAS...

I'm not arguing that they shouldn't have had more examples available, but the reality is they didn't. I was disappointed as well, but I want you all to know that Toronto was not snubbed by MB.

·
Registered
339 Posts
The ones in Detroit would have been pre-production.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The reason the CLA wasn't transported from Detroit to Toronto is because it went IMMEDIATELY back to Europe for it's real introduction at some Mercedes sponsored fashion show. In fact, it technically was never at the North American International Auto Show. It was previewed the night before the opening press day (which I was at) at NAIAS and it had already left to return home. In fact, the car wasn't even previewed in the same venue at the NAIAS...

I'm not arguing that they shouldn't have had more examples available, but the reality is they didn't. I was disappointed as well, but I want you all to know that Toronto was not snubbed by MB.
Every autoshow with exception of New York (for now, there may be more) has been snubbed.

I know it wasn't officially at Detroit, I mentioned that in a different answer above.

If they wanted to generate more hype/potential sales, it should be at all the N/A autoshows.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Absolutely agree, I hope they will have one in Vancouver for the PIAS in April.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts