Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Registered
I would reserve some excitement, I've seen some note online that the S version is not coming to US... this would be unfortunate, if true...

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I would reserve some excitement, I've seen some note online that the S version is not coming to US... this would be unfortunate, if true...
Edit : I just saw on private lounge that it is confirmed USA not getting the S version. Big big mistake.. Maybe Canada will? I would much prefer the upcoming awd M3 in this case , im not interested in the 382 hp model as its same as previous years

Registered
Edit : I just saw on private lounge that it is confirmed USA not getting the S version. Big big mistake.. Maybe Canada will? I would much prefer the upcoming awd M3 in this case , im not interested in the 382 hp model as its same as previous years
Yep. Same. Mercedes to US customers: "The Second Best or Nothing". I choose nothing :)

They may release it a year later -- after the Europeans work through teething pains... who knows.

Registered
It's funny isn't it, here in Australia we are only getting the S models! Apparantly it is because of 'market demand', that is, we buy way more of the AMG models than the normal Mercs here. Oh, and I am in like Flynn on this one, I have already cleared it with the wife. I said next one will be a C63S or a CLA45S, she looked at the price difference and gave me conditional approval for a late 2020 purchase of the 45S...

Registered
none of this "conditional" gibberish ... get it in writing man ... :cool:
Hahaha, I might get you to write that up in a contract for me JMC ;-) Although, if I was that cheeky, she would probably slip the divorce papers in front of me to sign at the same time...

Registered
Hahaha, I might get you to write that up in a contract for me JMC ;-) Although, if I was that cheeky, she would probably slip the divorce papers in front of me to sign at the same time...
ooooooh ouch ... 45S-4M+ or happy wife ... tough choice dude! :cool:

cheeky would be inviting her to don a fancy blindfold and taking a trip to a nice place for brunch
i.e. benz dealer for milk&cookies and a surprise test drive

sales associate might query your blindfold motives though ...

Registered
jesus F christ......THAT is a banger!!!! i'm in an e63s now and this is legit sexier than my car.

wtf is MB thinking w/ not bringing it to the states? rhetorical question given the possibility i'd downgrade? :banghead:

Registered
I don't see why you would get a C63S over a CLA45S when you can get go RWD and do all the burnouts you want in the CLA45S... it will beat the C63S off the line and I would bet it will match it in the quarter mile with a better more consistent start and with its upgraded power. Plus you can drive in C mode and get 33 mpg. It's the best of everything and will be cheaper.

Registered
Yeah the little sibling is making the elders work for it
So to avoid cannibalizing sales from their own uplines those C and E things better have serious improvements soon ...
I mean good grief even God will dump the E for the 45S

Registered
I don't see why you would get a C63S over a CLA45S when you can get go RWD and do all the burnouts you want in the CLA45S... it will beat the C63S off the line and I would bet it will match it in the quarter mile with a better more consistent start and with its upgraded power. Plus you can drive in C mode and get 33 mpg. It's the best of everything and will be cheaper.
I read that all Mercedes AMGs in the future will be awd with drift mode. If this is true than I will be buying a c63s in the future. You are right about the gas mileage but there's nothing like having a nice v8 and I love the look of the 63.

I will have to look for the article but Mercedes said that all they are asked all of the time is why the c63, gts, etc aren't awd. So going forward everything is awd

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #16
I read that all Mercedes AMGs in the future will be awd with drift mode. If this is true than I will be buying a c63s in the future. You are right about the gas mileage but there's nothing like having a nice v8 and I love the look of the 63.

I will have to look for the article but Mercedes said that all they are asked all of the time is why the c63, gts, etc aren't awd. So going forward everything is awd
its going to be little late though, m3 is going awd next year while c63 is not

Registered
Yes to all of those points, the C63S was my ambit claim to soften the price tag on the new CLA45S and make it more palitable to She Who Must Be Obeyed.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
7 Participants
jmc
Mercedes CLA Forum
We鈥檙e a community dedicated to the Mercedes-Benz CLA & CLA45 AMG. We offer CLA pictures, technical discussions, and more from owners across the world.
Full Forum Listing