Mercedes CLA Forum banner
881 - 900 of 904 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
I ordered the CLA Coupe 250e AMG Line Premium Plus in early Feb for an April 2021 delivery. Mountain Grey with Red/Black interior was apparently a special order. That was delayed until May and then June/July 2021. The fleet operator was sent a Q code warning from Mercedes mid March that the CLA 250e AMG Line Premium Plus will not be available until December 2021!!! The dealership handling the fleet orders is based in Edinburgh and advised that Mercedes have been swamped with orders for this CLA model. It will arrive but very late!

Anyone else received such bad news? My last fleet contract ended at the start of March and it appears I am without wheels for the next 9 months but by choice of course!
Is that with or without the Driver Assist package? I ordered mid Jan (CLA 250e Premium Plus in Polar White and Black/Grey interior - no driver assist package) and haven't been informed there is a delay til December! Then again I was given mid July as a date from day 1. I get an update monthly and only a couple of weeks ago they told me it was still on track...

·
Registered
7 Posts
I ordered the CLA Coupe 250e AMG Line Premium Plus in early Feb for an April 2021 delivery. Mountain Grey with Red/Black interior was apparently a special order. That was delayed until May and then June/July 2021. The fleet operator was sent a Q code warning from Mercedes mid March that the CLA 250e AMG Line Premium Plus will not be available until December 2021!!! The dealership handling the fleet orders is based in Edinburgh and advised that Mercedes have been swamped with orders for this CLA model. It will arrive but very late!

Anyone else received such bad news? My last fleet contract ended at the start of March and it appears I am without wheels for the next 9 months but by choice of course!
I ordered March 12th 2021 .....currently delivery is December!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Is that with or without the Driver Assist package? I ordered mid Jan (CLA 250e Premium Plus in Polar White and Black/Grey interior - no driver assist package) and haven't been informed there is a delay til December! Then again I was given mid July as a date from day 1. I get an update monthly and only a couple of weeks ago they told me it was still on track...
December for me too...premium plus with no DA package

·
Registered
26 Posts
December for me too...premium plus with no DA package
I can kind of understand the logic of it being December in your case (not that it's anything like a reasonable time frame!!) if ordered in March as it could very well be a compounding issue if a lot of people have ordered at a similar time which will knock the delivery times off a linear scale. Crazy times...if mine gets pushed that far out I am going to have to cancel I think which is gonna be gutting

·
Registered
7 Posts
I can kind of understand the logic of it being December in your case (not that it's anything like a reasonable time frame!!) if ordered in March as it could very well be a compounding issue if a lot of people have ordered at a similar time which will knock the delivery times off a linear scale. Crazy times...if mine gets pushed that far out I am going to have to cancel I think which is gonna be gutting
I was made aware it would be December - January when I ordered so it wasn’t as frustrating as some other people on here.

I am still hopeful production increases and it arrives earlier, I can’t take much more of my terrible little 1 series! 🤣

I will keep the thread updated

·
Registered
25 Posts

Hi Tarashic,
If you ordered yours early Feb and the dealer told you the delivery will be April then he lied to you straight away. That is about 2 months when the average lead time is about 6 months from what I can read around. I ordered mine in December 2020 and was told delivery won't be until end of May 2021 at the earliest.
Mercedes are experiencing delays that surprisingly others manufacturers aren't. Colleagues of mine have had their BWM, volkswagen and Volvo delivered already (ordered about the same time).
Kaiser

·
Registered
26 Posts
^ Truth. Totally unrealistic initial delivery date to begin with. I ordered mid Jan and was told immediately that it would be mid July at the earliest before I see the car. Not sure why your dealer's estimate was so optimistic when everyone else is getting quoted 6 months+. Guessing it was a tactic to get ink on paper and to ensure another sale towards their performance target!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Tarashic,
If you ordered yours early Feb and the dealer told you the delivery will be April then he lied to you straight away. That is about 2 months when the average lead time is about 6 months from what I can read around. I ordered mine in December 2020 and was told delivery won't be until end of May 2021 at the earliest.
Mercedes are experiencing delays that surprisingly others manufacturers aren't. Colleagues of mine have had their BWM, volkswagen and Volvo delivered already (ordered about the same time).
Kaiser
Maybe they did. But from the initial order I received an expected date of delivery of April/May. That then extended to Jun/July at the end of February. Then a week later the Fleet operator received the Mercedes Q Code warning that factory builds for the CLA 250e Hybrid was delayed until December latest 2021.

·
Registered
7 Posts
There was no Driver Assistance Package included that I am aware of. I am checking back with the Fleet Operator right now. The only reason it became a factory build was the fact I chose contrast Red and Black leather interior. There was no stock availability. The Fleet operator was stunned at receiving the Mercedes generated Q Code warning. My particular advisor was phoning 20 people a day to inform them of the news and offering refunds of admin fees and free cancellations. As I explained at the time, what's the point of cancelling. I really want what I have ordered so can take the loss of delivery as I'm not going anywhere right now anyway due to Covid.

·
Registered
7 Posts
STOP PRESS.
Received from the Fleet Operator this afternoon:

The dealer has been in touch to advise that your new MERCEDES-BENZ CLA COUPE is scheduled to be built in Q3 for an early Q4 delivery approx Oct currently .
Unquote

Well, it's better than December for sure.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Mine has been moved to October as well now...however what has me worried is there is a guy on another thread in here that ordered in February and has had his delayed now until May 2022!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I ordered mine in Jan and was originally told delivery would be in May, but found out early March that it was expected in October. Starting to worry it will get pushed out again. If it does I'm pretty sure I will be cancelling.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I ordered mine in Jan and was originally told delivery would be in May, but found out early March that it was expected in October. Starting to worry it will get pushed out again. If it does I'm pretty sure I will be cancelling.
Exactly the same for me except my initial date was mid July, it got moved to October last week. If it moves again they can forget it

·
Registered
4 Posts
Exactly the same for me except my initial date was mid July, it got moved to October last week. If it moves again they can forget it
The worry is, in a few months time it gets moved again. Appreciate there are supply issues affecting pretty much all manufacturers, so may end up in the same position if the CLA was cancelled and something else ordered.

·
Registered
26 Posts
The worry is, in a few months time it gets moved again. Appreciate there are supply issues affecting pretty much all manufacturers, so may end up in the same position if the CLA was cancelled and something else ordered.
I'll just buy something that isn't a factory order next time if it comes to it. Something that's physically there in the showroom available to drive away in a few days. This has really put me off ordering from factory again

·
Registered
25 Posts
That is not entirely true though. Mine is a company car and some of my colleagues have already received theirs cars despite being ordered just few days apart. BMW, Volvo, DS and Volkswagen have already delivered theirs cars.
I've read somewhere that Mercedes are prioritising theirs bigger cars (C, E and S class) so with the supply issues, the compact segment is the one suffering the most.

·
Registered
26 Posts
That is not entirely true though. Mine is a company car and some of my colleagues have already received theirs cars despite being ordered just few days apart. BMW, Volvo, DS and Volkswagen have already delivered theirs cars.
I've read somewhere that Mercedes are prioritising theirs bigger cars (C, E and S class) so with the supply issues, the compact segment is the one suffering the most.
Yes I've read the same, which is one of the reasons I'm being so ruthless in my interpretation of them keep delaying my car. Clearly my £38k is small fry to them - which is fine - but it isn't to me, it's a lot of money to me. I'll spend it somewhere else who can at least humour me by treating me as a valued customer and not BSing about delivery dates to string me along if they delay me again

·
Registered
4 Posts
Maybe a few months back, but now there are reports of more manufacturers suspending production. Nissan, Ford, Mini, VW and others are all constrained at the moment and have started to either slow or temporarily stop production.

I found this article a few days ago which sheds a little light on the plant that produces the CLA, and the current situation (you may need to run through Google Translate)

881 - 900 of 904 Posts