Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Not sure. Check with your local dealership.
Damn, I had the chance to go with Grapevine and went with Park Place instead. Still no word from those guys about when they get theirs in. I have to imagine if Grapevine has 20 coming in, Park Place has at least that many coming. I'm number 12 on the wait list so lets hope I'll be rolling in one next week.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Mercedes Benz of Georgetown is to have their CLA250 demo tomorrow, September 20th/2013. I plan to stop by during the day & get a hands'on experience of it.

I wonder if dealers are initially also getting non customer-spec'd CLAs as well, for their own retail sale from the showroom & lot?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Mercedes Benz of Georgetown is to have their CLA250 demo tomorrow, September 20th/2013. I plan to stop by during the day & get a hands'on experience of it.

I wonder if dealers are initially also getting non customer-spec'd CLAs as well, for their own retail sale from the showroom & lot?
I believe dealers are getting non spec'd cla for sale yes , the guys here who work for dealerships might be able to confirm (?)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Just got a call from Park Place Dallas. My car will be here next Wednesday. I'm geeked! They told me all preordered CLA's that haven't been purchased by the person who ordered them by next Friday will be open for sale to the general public. *engage in happy dance*

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Went to look at two CLAs at the dealership and wife wasn't too impressed. They didn't have the Sport package though which I think makes a big difference.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I like the Sport pkg, it enhances the car and replaces the 17 rims but I don't see it as a make it or break it proposition. I will be interested to see if it eventually does for her.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Sport package in my opinion is a big rip off. Car looks good with or with out it. Rear and front bumper look slight better not worth 2k+. You can just get the other 18 inch rims for 500

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Sport package in my opinion is a big rip off. Car looks good with or with out it. Rear and front bumper look slight better not worth 2k+. You can just get the other 18 inch rims for 500
I beg to differ.
The base car looks a touch odd - that oft joked about "upside down jelly bean" look is more pronounced with the more rounded front and rear. The AMG body kit offsets that quite a bit.
The car also appears more feminine without the sport package.
The five twin spoke wheels are $1800 by themselves and are far superior in appearance compared to the weird stock rims or the Honda hubcap knock off ( some wiseass started it first ) $500 optional 18" wheels.
I know it's personal taste but I will not buy the CLA250 without the sport package. That said, the non sport package car's aluminum diffuser underneath the rear bumper looks quite nice.

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
The 250 doesn't appeal to me at all. Not having ever driven one, if I was looking for a car in that price range I'd be looking at a 320i or A4 based on the reviews I've read. And if those cars were a little pricey I'd probably take a closer look at the Passat, CC and Mazda6. But clearly m preference is for something the prioritizes handling and performance over luxury. That said, I completely agree with you that the sport package does quite a bit for it aesthetically. If the AMG version wore the base car's body work it, too, would be far less appealing to me.

-Eric

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
The 250 doesn't appeal to me at all. Not having ever driven one, if I was looking for a car in that price range I'd be looking at a 320i or A4 based on the reviews I've read. And if those cars were a little pricey I'd probably take a closer look at the Passat, CC and Mazda6. But clearly m preference is for something the prioritizes handling and performance over luxury. That said, I completely agree with you that the sport package does quite a bit for it aesthetically. If the AMG version wore the base car's body work it, too, would be far less appealing to me.

-Eric
Agree & agree.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts