Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been following this forum for a while now and am in the NYC area and finally had a chance to see the CLA45 in person at the motoexpo. Here were my acute observations:

Overall:
* didn't like the violet (it takes away from the class of this car) who the hell would pay 2.5k to get this option?

Details:
* Exterior its awesome in general. even though I wasn't a fan of the colour, the overall look is very young and sporty. the quad exhausts at the rear look sooo sexy!! and the front is without a doubt aggressive youngster
* Interior is awesome. I think it had the Leather Black seats (they were very comfortable) i have the new 3 series and I could tell the difference right away.
* I liked the little red accents over the steering wheel, the flat bottom. However, the paddle shifts are barely visible.
* The gear shifter on the automatic looks a little too little! Its tiny!!!
* No keyless. Even my parent's Venza has keyless start button stop.
* Panaromic roof was just OK. If you have seen the pano on a Evoque, you will know what I mean. While it is a single sheet of glass, it is not as big as i'd like it to be. Again, our Venza has a much bigger panoramic roof and these things make a ton of difference in day-2-day driving to me.
* rear seats - comfortable for what they are. has 3 seat belts (even though its classified as a coupe) and I am 5'7 so i was able to get in and out without any problems.
* rear seats - no center console (W*F!!! how can it be classified as a coupe and NOT have a center console/armrest????) - something feels missing there. is this a luxury brand or the Gen Y version Honda who cheaps out on things like this.
* I noticed a huge fat D pillar. Wonder if it will be hard to see the blind spot (will def have to get the driver assistance package) and test drive this thing. This could be a deal breaker.
* Navigation - I like the idea of centering the GPS unit. It looks like technology is really center stage on this car. If anything, I would have liked to see a 9-10 inch screen for AMG products and a better integration into the console.I feel like a kid would ready break the GPS unit with an ipod cable.
* Didn't like the Xenons at all in real life. They looked cheap and actually looked better in pictures. Not sure why.

*Everything else was Excellent!!! Really liked the feeling that you get once you sit inside. I think everything just flows well.

Concensus:
* In the end, I may still go for this car just because of the performance and the AMG badge.
* Yes, I did get the $500 coupon.

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
Thanks for the write-up! It's always great reading different people's impressions. Overall though it sounds like you might have walked away a little disappointed. Am I reading too much into your comments...or maybe it was just your distaste for the color.

Overall:
* didn't like the violet (it takes away from the class of this car) who the hell would pay 2.5k to get this option?
Just a quick clarification, it's a $720 option -- not $2,5K...not that means you have to like it any more or less. :)

-Eric

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
My dealer wanted $5000 deposit and no cancellation on a purple CLA 45.
Since California does not allow non-refundable deposits, my dealer won't even order one. I knew that months ago. They don't think they can sell or trade that color if I change my mind.
If I don't care about resale, I would seriously consider that color. I think it may actually look cool.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I did order a purple CLA45... I was an owner of an iridium silver C63, and you have no idea how many of iridium silver C63's I see on the street daily. So I went with a different approach this time with a more uncommon color.

Reactions: Sue Esponte

·
Registered
339 Posts
What's a D-pillar? On a CLA?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Good for you, eason_c. I fully understand your desire to have a less common color on your CLA45. So while you own the car, enjoy it and it will be a positive feature for you. But be aware, resale or trade-in value on any purple color is likely to be considered a strong negative.
I also wanted to go with a less common color and decided to go with the Patagonia Red. That decision is going to cost me $1750 USD that I'll never get back on resale, but that's the direction that I chose to have a color that is more unique.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I assume that it's a typo in the title, because I read this post to find out WTF a CLAS45 was.. Sucked in
It's a CLS body with transverse mounted 4cyl turbo. It will be out for MY2015- unless you want keyless go and a standard-equipped backup camera in which case hold on for the 2016.

?

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
It's a CLS body with transverse mounted 4cyl turbo. It will be out for MY2015- unless you want keyless go and a standard-equipped backup camera in which case hold on for the 2016.
If you hold out until 2016 you'll be able to get a CLADONK Black and Blue Series with standard 40" rims. Here's a spy shot of one without camo. Sadly, rumored to be missing from the list of features are keyless go and sunglasses holders.

-Eric

·
Registered
294 Posts
I decided same. Main downside, however, is that it won't become available until January build. Sigh......
Since I'm going with the Night Package, also delayed until January in the USA, then I have to live with the January build date no matter which way I go.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Since I'm going with the Night Package, also delayed until January in the USA, then I have to live with the January build date no matter which way I go.
When would delivery take place if ordered in January ?

Sent from my iPhone using Mercedes CLA Forum mobile app

·
Registered
294 Posts
When would delivery take place if ordered in January ?
Milazzo, it's all about your place in the order queue. The sooner you order, the sooner it will be built. So by ordering now, you can be fairly confident that your car will build in January when the freeze is lifted. With a mid-January build, I should see the car around the end of February or early March. If you wait until January to place your order when the freeze is lifted then you'll likely be looking at a long delay because of all the previous orders in the queue ahead of you. The delay is for the Night Package and Patagonia Red. If you are ordering neither of those options, then there should be no delay and you could receive a car in late Fall or early Winter.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
If you hold out until 2016 you'll be able to get a CLADONK Black and Blue Series with standard 40" rims. Here's a spy shot of one without camo. Sadly, rumored to be missing from the list of features are keyless go and sunglasses holders.

-Eric
Handling on this vehicle must be amazing !

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Milazzo, it's all about your place in the order queue. The sooner you order, the sooner it will be built. So by ordering now, you can be fairly confident that your car will build in January when the freeze is lifted. With a mid-January build, I should see the car around the end of February or early March. If you wait until January to place your order when the freeze is lifted then you'll likely be looking at a long delay because of all the previous orders in the queue ahead of you. The delay is for the Night Package and Patagonia Red. If you are ordering neither of those options, then there should be no delay and you could receive a car in late Fall or early Winter.
Thanks David, I'm doing the night pkg and looking to get into the car by May, hopefully the timing is right.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts