Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thoughts on this setup?

Jupiter Red - not completely sold on this part. Everyone made me worried about the non-metallic colors
Black MB-Tex
Sport Package 2000
Blind Spot Assist 500 - passed on Driver Assistance Package but felt this was necessary since I read it's tough to see out of.
Panorama Sunroof 1480
NavBox 800 - I want navigation in the car but don't really care about the larger screen or music options in the multimedia package
Wheel Locks 140
Rear Spoiler 300 - depending on how this looks

After purchase I want to add tinted windows and paint protection.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just to clarify, I have not put down a deposit yet. I'm just trying to figure out a configuration that fits my taste and budget.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Jupiter Red - not completely sold on this part. Everyone made me worried about the non-metallic colors
Black MB-Tex
It's a neat colour, I'd say. It reminds me a lot of the Bright Red BMW E30 & E36 3-series models. And the '90s Honda/Acura tri-coat Milano Red for their sporty coupes.

Wheel Locks 140

After purchase I want to add tinted windows and paint protection.
You can likely get high-quality, aftermarket wheel-locks for 1/4 that cost.

A quality tint job should be ~$250'ish, though I am out of touch w/ such as of late. It's something I plan for my CLA too. As well as re-doing it on my other cars.

For the "paint protection", are you referring to front clear-bra application for the bumper, lower-hood, mirror housing, side-skirts, etc? The paint proection sealant/treatment aren't worth the money, as a properly prepped surface that's sealed (durable synthetic/polymer sealant) & waxed (quality natural/carnuba product) will be offer adequate protection.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I agree with Osiris on the wheel locks. Personally, I think they are worthless. If a thief wants your wheels, they are gone. They are very creative when it comes to defeating wheel locks. I just consider them an annoying nuisance.

Also agree on the paint protection. If you are talking about this thing that the dealer does, its just a normal wax that they are charging you extra for. Avoid it. A clear bra is another story.

Everything else sounds good. I have the blind spot assist on my Jeep and I love it. I don't rely on it, but its one of those things that you doublecheck and I think it can save your bacon. It's worth it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's a neat colour, I'd say. It reminds me a lot of the Bright Red BMW E30 & E36 3-series models. And the '90s Honda/Acura tri-coat Milano Red for their sporty coupes.

You can likely get high-quality, aftermarket wheel-locks for 1/4 that cost.

A quality tint job should be ~$250'ish, though I am out of touch w/ such as of late. It's something I plan for my CLA too. As well as re-doing it on my other cars.

For the "paint protection", are you referring to front clear-bra application for the bumper, lower-hood, mirror housing, side-skirts, etc? The paint proection sealant/treatment aren't worth the money, as a properly prepped surface that's sealed (durable synthetic/polymer sealant) & waxed (quality natural/carnuba product) will be offer adequate protection.
Thanks for your input regarding the color and wheel locks. I'll make sure to scratch the wheel locks off the list. For the paint protection, I'm referring to the clear-bra application. Should I save $1,000 and go without it?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts