Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why is it that some CLAs have what appears to be a solid piece of plastic with the three-pointed star MB logo like in this picture
image.jpg

and in others it appears to be the standard three dimensional (for lack of a better word) logo as the one on the following picture?
image.jpg

·
Registered
730 Posts
Why is it that some CLAs have what appears to be a solid piece of plastic with the three-pointed star MB logo like in this picture

and in others it appears to be the standard three dimensional (for lack of a better word) logo as the one on the following picture?
I believe the top pic may be of a pre-production touring demonstrator (not intended for dealer/consumer use), and the bottom pic is of an actual production-ready purchasable CLA. Or vice-versa?

Another plausible explanation is that the top pic is of a CLA w/ the driver-assist package/options (often, sensors/electronics are located there in the front grille), and the bottom pic is of a CLA not equipped w/ the driver-assist package/options.

I've been searching online, looking at other images. There seems to be a prevalence of both!?!

Regardless, interesting observation for sure! :eek:

·
Registered
288 Posts
Yes its the Distronic :). My dad's C250 has the Glass Star like this. It looks pretty neat close up in person. Clever of Mercedes to use the Star for the radar. Other companies just end up sticking the radar somewhere down in the bumper; BMW is the worst at this :(.

·
Registered
515 Posts
i know i know you all heard this from me before but, the hood needs a Merc:mblogo: TriStar Emblem or its not really dressed!

·
Registered
54 Posts
the sport package comes of course with the diamond grill
but the emblem will be as show in the second picture
i was surprised as well when i saw it on my cla (canada)

·
Registered
88 Posts
i know i know you all heard this from me before but, the hood needs a Merc:mblogo: TriStar Emblem or its not really dressed!
Naw I'm glad they don't have em. Way to easy to steal, I don't want to have to worry about replacing mine every three months.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Naw I'm glad they don't have em. Way to easy to steal, I don't want to have to worry about replacing mine every three months.
if you want to go with the 3 star emblem, you'll need to do some gymnastic to do it
other benz models, you just need to open the hood and replace it
the CLA, the emblem is not on the hood so that complicates the thing

·
Registered
546 Posts
All the pics on ads and the website I see have a hood emblem, including pics in the gallery here??

1 - 17 of 17 Posts