Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's plenty of people worried about the lcd screen on the Cla being a possible theft magnet. This thread is just for members to post tips for protecting your car from possible thieves. The best tip i have is whenever you go out always try to park infront of a business with your car facing it. Even if it's not the place your going to and have a long walk.

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
It's not an exotic car. I wouldn't worry about it any more than I'd worry about something being stolen out of any other car. The same rules apply to the CLA as with any car.

- Don't park your car in a bad part of town. Have your friend drive to the ballpark. :)
- Lock your doors.
- Close your windows.
- Close your sunroof. If you don't have a sunroof, move to the next step.
- Park in well lit spaces at night.
- Park in an area with high traffic.
- Don't piss people off and then park next to them.
- Don't leave crap on your seats (the notion of an attractive nuisance applies to cars, too).
- Don't call unnecessary attention to yourself or your car.
- Find a good insurance company and remember to pay your bill.

As for those of you who are worried about the LCD screen, I'm just curious, are you worried that stupid criminals are going to confuse it with a Tom-Tom or other portable GPS and try to steal it?

-Eric

·
Registered
295 Posts
It's not an exotic car. I wouldn't worry about it any more than I'd worry about something being stolen out of any other car. The same rules apply to the CLA as with any car.

- Don't park your car in a bad part of town. Have your friend drive to the ballpark. :)

-Eric
Oh I wish .. but the (Yankees) ballpark is about 3650 miles away from my home :haha:

·
Registered
295 Posts
good plan.. I will change the CLA for an Airbus A330 and a dollar full size rental car.. already got my Yankees tickets for july 5th.

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
Awesome!! Please bring good weather with you. :) If you're getting in before the 4th, hopefully, you'll have a chance to see the City's fireworks. It's a great show.

-Eric

·
Registered
106 Posts
As for those of you who are worried about the LCD screen, I'm just curious, are you worried that stupid criminals are going to confuse it with a Tom-Tom or other portable GPS and try to steal it?
I think that is the concern. I haven't seen it in person, but it looks like an iPad mini attached on the dash, which could attract a thief from afar. Whether he/she would notice it's attached -- I don't know yet.

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
I think that is the concern. I haven't seen it in person, but it looks like an iPad mini attached on the dash, which could attract a thief from afar. Whether he/she would notice it's attached -- I don't know yet.
Understandable. Maybe we could stick a tube sock over it and slap a sticker on the sock that says, "Move on. Nothing to see here." lol :D

-Eric

·
Registered
730 Posts
- Don't leave crap on your seats (the notion of an attractive nuisance applies to cars, too).
Next to locking the doors & parking prudently, this above is the most important. Leaving mobile-phones, MP3-players, tablets/notebooks/laptops, portable gaming-units, stand-alone gps/nav units, and/or other electronics along w/ personal handbags, purses, pocketbooks, and the like - is not the wisest thing to do for theft prevention.

With that said, there just some areas where your ride will get broken into regardless of your precautions. We all know those areas. Best to avoid them at all costs.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Understandable. Maybe we could stick a tube sock over it and slap a sticker on the sock that says, "Move on. Nothing to see here." lol :D

-Eric

There are some truly dumb thieves out there.. My best friend is public defender and he just defended guy who stole a car but left his DL in the car. So I would not trust them to know the difference between a garmin and the LCD.

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
I like it, but kidding aside, maybe it does need a tag facing the front that states "This Device is Not Removable".
That would be about as useful as a "Kids on Board" sticker.

-Eric

1 - 14 of 14 Posts