Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After four long months, I'm finally picking up my CLA45 tomorrow. As usual, before you get the keys, you have to sit down with the finance manager and ear them talk about every extra protection you should purchase for your own protection. I'm leasing my CLA, so the main ones would be "excessive wear and tear" and "tire and wheel" protection.

I was wondering if any of you took the "tire and wheel" protection? If you did, did you use it? Do you think it was worth it?

I took the 19" wheel option and from past experience with my S4 on Canadian road it could prove to be a good investment!

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
I have it. I ran over a pothole on the freeway in the rain and ruined my tire. The tire was replaced. It also did minor damage to my wheel. Parking one evening
I scraped my other front wheel and did minor damage to that one. I had both wheels fixed recently. Insurance covered it all. I say yes.

·
Registered
78 Posts
i did not get it.THEN... i got a simple roofing nail flat. called mb. no its not covered cuz its not defect. ok. was going to get it fixed for about 20 bucks. oh no sir cant be fixed and no reputable place will plug it. so ....$250 later i got a new tire. if i ever have to get run flats on a new car and road hazard is available , ill get it in a heart beat.

·
Registered
23 Posts
After four long months, I'm finally picking up my CLA45 tomorrow. As usual, before you get the keys, you have to sit down with the finance manager and ear them talk about every extra protection you should purchase for your own protection. I'm leasing my CLA, so the main ones would be "excessive wear and tear" and "tire and wheel" protection.

I was wondering if any of you took the "tire and wheel" protection? If you did, did you use it? Do you think it was worth it?

I took the 19" wheel option and from past experience with my S4 on Canadian road it could prove to be a good investment!
can I ask how much you were quoted or what u ended up paying for it if u got it?
hope to see some pics soon of ur cla45!

·
Registered
546 Posts
I got it for four years protection. First Winter, had two tires replaced and work done on two rims. If you are in an area with snow-ice-potholes, I would recommend it. Low profile rims/tires take a pounding.

·
Registered
23 Posts
what would you say is a reasonable price for the protection on a 39 month lease? I got quoted $2,200 CAD not sure if that's a good price. Seems a bit pricey but I know summer tire and rims can cost a lot (went with 19s) and I'm pretty sure was told it covers winter tires too. I will decide on this in a few months close to delivery time

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
I purchased for the piece of mind. Esp hearing the stories of guys having trouble patching run flats i figure it will pay for itself pretty quick...

·
Registered
94 Posts
I got it on mine. 2 weeks after purchase the left front tire got a big knot on the side of it, may pop is what we always called it. Took it in and got a new tire. Glad I got it already. Only problem is they have to order the tire so the car was out of commission for a couple of days.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got it for four years protection. First Winter, had two tires replaced and work done on two rims. If you are in an area with snow-ice-potholes, I would recommend it. Low profile rims/tires take a pounding.
I didn't know it also covered the winter tire. I thought it only covered the original tires. Did you purchase your winter tire at your dealer?

·
Registered
86 Posts
I declined the coverage based on the fact this is a second vehicle so I'll only be driving her in the winter when the weather is nice.

The finance guy did try to scare the heck out of me with some crazy pothole stories, which made me think twice. They were asking close to $3k for coverage to match my warranty. What un-sold me was realizing that if I got the coverage, only tires and wheels purchased at the dealer would be covered.

I gotta assume that's the way they make the money... And with the competition we have in terms of tire stores (and online) I figured over 5 years I can probably break a wheel or two and still break even by not getting tires from MB. Then again. Not having to worry about it sure would be nice too, so don't blame any of you who got it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts