Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help. Just a few days after my daughter leased her CLA 250 I changed the wheels out to Ruff RS2 18x8.5 5x112 43mm offset 43mm Gloss Black. After 3 months the front right tire pressure showed very low. The Goodyear shop found no leaks after refilling. Days later low on air, STS found no leaks. I ordered another rim to rule that out, then I could return the original for refund. Replaced with new Rim w same tire and TPMS and swapped position onto front left. It kept the proper air for 2weeks before dropping 20# overnight. Right side tire pressure is stable, as are both rear. My daughter had just 15# showing on screen display this morning, went to Goodyear again. They checked tire in water once again, while low on air and again after filling to proper PSI. NO LEAKS seen! What could be happening? TPMS measurement is correct. No air is seen leaking from Rim, Valve or entire Tire. I’m pretty sure that MB Service won’t replace anything under warranty with the aftermarket wheels. Any suggestions? Should I buy some sort of sealant for Goodyear to put around inner wheel bead and valve? We have cameras and no one is messing with the car. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Nice rims.
Replace the tire.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Get rid of the Goodyear runflats. They are crap. See my thread about them. I went through a bunch of them. Changed to the continentals have had much better luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
697 Posts
MWalton,
What did you decide?

·
Registered
347 Posts
Have you tried replacing the TPMS valve? I had similar situation on one of my other cars and it was an intermittent problem with the valve stem. Once swapped out the problem went away.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Right, Al - if it was not already replaced with the new rims....at least test it.
(Submerging in water without the vehicle weight my not show a leak IMO.)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts