Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2014 CLA 250 4MATIC EDITION1
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't find the exact match touch up paint for my CLA 250. I believe it's called mountain gray.
Got a door nicked. I've got to start parking away from the pack 100% of the time apparently.
I would appreciate anyone pointing me in the right direction.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Can't find the exact match touch up paint for my CLA 250. I believe it's called mountain gray.
Got a door nicked. I've got to start parking away from the pack 100% of the time apparently.
I would appreciate anyone pointing me in the right direction.
Don't the dealer have a factory touch up paint stick for it? It does not make sense that it does not. Give the Mercedes dealership parts your VIN no. and they will pull up the right touch up paint stick. If they don't have it, they can always order it from Germany.
Or go to Ebay.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
...I would appreciate anyone pointing me in the right direction.
Welcome to the CLA Forum cleatspeed :)
Suggest you go to your driver's side lower door pillar.
Find the black Daimler label showing your manufacture month/year.
The 3 numbers to the left of this date is your Paint Code.
Your MB dealer likely has it in stock...phone the Parts Dept. to check.

Reactions: Northern Al

·
Premium Member
13,224 Posts
for my northern lights violet
spent quite some $$$ across multiple auto paint shops using basf pgp etc etc etc
after $1000 that was a sign to give up
the factory color+clear pack is close enough

fyi
clean clean and clean the dings
thin coat of color with a fine fine horse hair brush
let dry at least 2 days preferably lots of sun
dab on clear just once dont brush it
touchup will be slightly proud
let cure 7 days
then gently polish down to match surface

and voila!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thank goddess I haven't had any "issues" with my 2014-but I have to go out on a limb and say the mountain grey metallic is the best color for the vehicle. The shadows are very pronounced in the body lines and with the butterfly LEDs-just an artful display.

·
Registered
443 Posts
When I took delivery of mine back in 2013 (also Mountain Gray and I agree with LoveFla on color) I asked for touch-up paint. They went to the parts dept and brought out a Genuine Mercedes kit of 2 bottles. One was the paint, the other was clear coat. It's not a perfect match but pretty darn close. Check with your dealer, (goes without saying) it wasn't cheap. If I can remember where I put it I'll get back to you with the info from the box.

·
Premium Member
13,224 Posts
online benz parts houses ... anywhere from 25~40 for the color+clear set ... problem is shipping
check a local dealer and be done with it

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts