Mercedes CLA Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
There is a tire pressure for each tire in USA but mine is not accurate Does anyone else have this problem. Jo Ann

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
No on my CLA its been very accurate for the past 1 yr and 7 months.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I want to mount wintertires without tpms sensors on my 2015 cla SB...
How will the board computer respond? Only 1 warning at the departure, and a warning light, or will there be a ding dong alarm constantly?
the mercedes sensors are not available in the shop at this moment.
thanks, philip

·
Registered
138 Posts
strange, could it be that your 2014 car has no sensors, and the board computer makes a calculation based on the abs sensors?

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
There is a tire pressure for each tire in USA but mine is not accurate Does anyone else have this problem. Jo Ann
No, it is not accurate, but it is a big help. It lets you know when your tire(s) are low and needs air. Not perfect, but pretty darned good IMO. Tire gauge will tell
you what it really is.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
I was told that if the back left tire is low to check all of the tires.
I don't understand that logic. It's probably good to check all the tires regularly, regardless. If one is low, then it would be good to check them all, no matter what tire it is.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
No, it is not accurate, but it is a big help. It lets you know when your tire(s) are low and needs air. Not perfect, but pretty darned good IMO. Tire gauge will tell
you what it really is.
Yes, pretty darn close, usually within 1# of my digital gauge. I look at the readings everyday and verify them each week, especially this time of year when cold air temps can drive down the pressure. Even just being on the side of the car facing the sun can raise tire pressure.

·
Registered
10,783 Posts
Yes, pretty darn close, usually within 1# of my digital gauge. I look at the readings everyday and verify them each week, especially this time of year when cold air temps can drive down the pressure. Even just being on the side of the car facing the sun can raise tire pressure.
Ditto ditto ditto ... wish we could mod it to read xx.x so the +-0.5 doesnt mess up readings.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
You are the man! Can you come out here and check my tires every day, because I'm certainly not doing that. I'm happy I have four tires on the thing. ( I do check the tire pressure once in awhile, usually when the phase of the moon is right.)

·
Registered
10,783 Posts
You are the man! Can you come out here and check my tires every day, because I'm certainly not doing that. I'm happy I have four tires on the thing. ( I do check the tire pressure once in awhile, usually when the phase of the moon is right.)
Yeah I check my pressures often but geewhiz not quite every day like o' Tex ?

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Yeah I check my pressures often but geewhiz not quite every day like o' Tex ��
Please don't misunderstand, the daily check consists of pushing the left arrow 3 times, the down arrow 2 times, and the ok button once. Only once a week do I get out the actual gauge, usually when I am applying my midweek tire shine. Ok, kinda anal about shiny tires too.

·
Registered
10,783 Posts
Please don't misunderstand, the daily check consists of pushing the left arrow 3 times, the down arrow 2 times, and the ok button once. Only once a week do I get out the actual gauge, usually when I am applying my midweek tire shine. Ok, kinda anal about shiny tires too.
Oh ok I feel better now I use the 0.1psi meter and correlate the gauge so there ??
Wonder if theres a very satin tire finish instead of the shiny stuff? I am just the opposite dont like shiny rubber ?

·
Registered
10,783 Posts
so gonna revive this thread with some interesting info and a request for help/comments
got some new rims and put on dealer confirmed tpms units (p/n 0009050300 433mhz)
as expected got this notice

NewTPMS1.JPG

then after driving a bit instead of getting psi reading got this

NewTPMS2.JPG

maybe someone has gone through this ...

·
Registered
863 Posts
…. request for help/comments.......
……..
Is it possible, that you too jmc are also due for a D1 service? :hihi:
:mblogoblack: