Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time poster here, go easy!

So I’m looking at changing the transmission oil and filter on my CLA 220 AMG sport which is a 64 plate and diesel. The gearbox is a 722.9 7G automatic.

Any advice, instructions or videos that you guys could share? It seems pretty straight forward on some of the videos I’ve watched although they weren’t for the exact model.
Not sure exactly how to check the amount of fluid that’s in there and also how much and what type to fill it up with.

Mercedes want to charge £740 for service A and the trans oil and filter which is why I’m looking to do this myself. Along with all discs and pads and 4 potential new tyres it’s going to cost a fortune!

Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah okay. It’s just what I’ve been reading.
Is there a reason you think it might not be and any idea what it could be?
Thanks

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
I believe C117s are mated to 724.x gearboxes
Enter your vin into datamb.com and that should shed some light on whats in your particular car

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jmc you were right :)
Entered the vin and it states the transmission is 724003.
Can you assist with anymore info?
Thanks again

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
jmc you were right :)
Entered the vin and it states the transmission is 724003.
Can you assist with anymore info?
Thanks again
Actually yes ... run a search and you will find several posts on this gearbox oil change thing
Lots of info! Just one comment about the process -- keep things clean clean clean

·
Registered
1 Posts

So I’m looking at changing the transmission oil and filter on my CLA 220 AMG sport which is a 64 plate and diesel. The gearbox is a 722.9 7G automatic.

Any advice, instructions or videos that you guys could share? It seems pretty straight forward on some of the videos I’ve watched although they weren’t for the exact model.
Not sure exactly how to check the amount of fluid that’s in there and also how much and what type to fill it up with.

Mercedes want to charge £740 for service A and the trans oil and filter which is why I’m looking to do this myself. Along with all discs and pads and 4 potential new tyres it’s going to cost a fortune!

Thanks

Thanks
Hi how did you get on with the tranmition oil and filter change as I have the same car with 90k miles on it and has not been done yet any help would be greatly appreciated thanks..

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
Do try search ... we posted a lot about this
Too much to repost here

1 - 8 of 8 Posts