Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just recently bought the amr performance piggy back tune but I cannot install it on my car. My mom will not let me because she is under the impression that the tune will ruin and “destroy” the car faster. How can I convince her to let me put the tune on?

·
Registered
11,133 Posts
Huh?
Tough Mom!
Piggys dont engage unless you punch it and regardless the system pulls power when preprogrammed limits are approached
I just told my Mom ... immediate power is needed to get out of jams sometimes (uh huh)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Huh?
Tough Mom!
Piggys dont engage unless you punch it and regardless the system pulls power when preprogrammed limits are approached
I just told my Mom ... immediate power is needed to get out of jams sometimes (uh huh)
Yea i know haha, she just thinks the tune will destroy the car because of past experiences. Is there any way to reassure her that it wont? Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Huh?
Tough Mom!
Yea i know haha, she just thinks the tune will destroy the car because of past experiences. Is there any way to reassure her that it wont? Thanks!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Sounds to me like it's not really your car. IMHO, if it belongs to her, you should just say "thank you" and enjoy it as is. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds to me like it's not really your car. IMHO, if it belongs to her, you should just say "thank you" and enjoy it as is. :)
  1. Well, im only a minor so she had to sign off on the car for me, but I pay insurance, monthly and had a fat downpayment. My brother just has blown an engine before so she is very cautious with mods. I just need to show her that a tune wont ruin a car

·
Registered
11,133 Posts
Dig up the “better mpg” claim?
Blown engines fried gearboxes busted suspension etc are rites of passage ... especially when one is going thru school and working for the pay2play privilege ... makes one appreciate things
Worse case? Return the tune kit. Hit the learning circuit to tweak it thru the obd port yourself. Set up a business to sell that talent (believe me folks will pay for it)

·
Registered
25 Posts
  1. Well, im only a minor so she had to sign off on the car for me, but I pay insurance, monthly and had a fat downpayment. My brother just has blown an engine before so she is very cautious with mods. I just need to show her that a tune wont ruin a car
Yeah, what jmc said! :)

You didn't mention what year your CLA is. If it's still under warranty, mods may void it. And if you're still making payments on it, it would suck to be paying for a car you can't drive and have to put $$ into to fix. If you were to ask my advice, I would say enjoy the car, modify it after it's off warranty and the loan is paid off - you're young and you have lots of time ahead of you to modify/break/damage/improve/upgrade/destroy your cars.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts