Mercedes CLA Forum banner
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hello Bigman,
I have seen the CLA at Dealership's in Norwich, kings Lynn, Bury St Edmunds, Ipswich and Peterborough so I would assume you should not have a problem to view and drive the car!!

I test drove the car on Wednesday, ordered Thursday, delivery 10 weeks (ish!!)
CLA220D AMG
Jupiter Red
Memory pack
Storage pack
Heated wash kit
Pan sunroof
Becker Sat nag

can give you the contact name of a great guy who will sort you out for a test drive, if required

by the way, I'm a 40k a year road rep - a conquest from BMW ---- it was FAB!!

Gary

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi guys, i went to look at the CLA in chester and was completey ignored by the staff , look inside outside and at the models on the forcourt , no one enagaged me so i walked off and went to BMW , they could not do enough. i am torn as i like the look of the CLA but the M sport 3 series is also on my list.

it does not end there, i went on web site and asked for delivery times from order,a test drive and details for a tow bar for my boat . parts responded re the tow bar but 2 weeks later sales have not contacted me , even tried just the test drive page and no response , i hope this was just the chester branch but such bad customer service has put me off . 30K in my pocket to replace my opt out car and no ones interested (apart from BMW) !!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Bronhaul - I will be beyond shocked if you get any discount as you have fully spec'd the car and agreed to the price when ordering.

Any discount will need to be done before doing this. Also MB seems to have a good order book now so there is no incentive to do any offers.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Bronhaul congrats on getting the better trade in. It seems second hand values are going in the right direction at the moment.

I just sold my a5 for £750 more than I was offered back in January and since then I put on 5,000 miles and it needs 4 new tyres all round at circa 800 and a service so I was over the moon.

Get some photos up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ordered my:
CLA 220 CDI Sport
Mountain Grey
Exclusive Pack
Mirror Pack
Storage Pack
Becker Map pilot
Media Interface

Ordered Beginning of June Expected delivery date is the end of July, its scheduled for building first week of July. I am currently a series BMW driver, this will be my first Merc apart from hire cars so I am looking forward to it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Got a demo in a CLA220 tomorrow. Didn't even realise the car had been released! No contact from Mercedes UK, after I signed up for their email updates.. and no call from Colchester Merc! Don't seem very eager to see me one of these.

Anyway, I notice no one has gone for COMAND. Is this primarily a cost thing, or is the standard unit with the Becker SatNav more than capable?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well I know command I think is £2,000 so it is an expensive option. I didn't go command as I personally don't like the command system and feel it could do with an overhaul. I also thought id prefer to spend the money getting full leather and other toys and the becker. Oh a side note to save even more you could fit the becker yourself after purchase, it just clicks into place in the glove box and you can purchase it online for around £250 as apposed to the £495 dealerships charge.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Got a demo in a CLA220 tomorrow. Didn't even realise the car had been released! No contact from Mercedes UK, after I signed up for their email updates.. and no call from Colchester Merc! Don't seem very eager to see me one of these.

Anyway, I notice no one has gone for COMAND. Is this primarily a cost thing, or is the standard unit with the Becker SatNav more than capable?
I find that odd since I registered my interest a month ago, received a call from a saleman at the Hertfordshire dealership that very afternoon, and test drove the car the following Saturday. Placed my order on the Wednesday post the test drive with a £1,000 deposit and have confirmation that it will be ready for collection on 1 September. These guys are obviously desperate to sell these models......

Also, the Comand system is very dear, so I for one have opted for the iPhone Drive Kit Plus (installed at the local dealer) which costs about £600 and can cover most of what the Comand system offers.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Had the call this morning,car has arrived at dealers,arranged to pick it up tomorrow morning at 11,AMG 220 CDI,Mountain Grey,Pano roof,18'' black multi spoke,just to add has been ordered since the middle of march..glad I got the pano roof now,supposed heat wave from tomorrow,1st track to be played,maybe Time Of Your Life by Green Day!!!followed by Dakota by The Stereophonics!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Had the call this morning,car has arrived at dealers,arranged to pick it up tomorrow morning at 11,AMG 220 CDI,Mountain Grey,Pano roof,18'' black multi spoke,just to add has been ordered since the middle of march..glad I got the pano roof now,supposed heat wave from tomorrow,1st track to be played,maybe Time Of Your Life by Green Day!!!followed by Dakota by The Stereophonics!!!
Bronhaul - do you have any photos you can post as colour is the one thing I am undecided on for the 45amg. My preference is mountain grey but there are so few photos.

·
Registered
4 Posts
pic of my new cla 180 sport

hi to everyone my 1st post picked up my 180 sport end of june and loving it traded in 3 series bmw had nothing but clutch trouble gone for petrol this time as I don't really do the miles oh yes and price I must admit it does get a lot of attention Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mid-size car Alloy wheel

·
Registered
64 Posts
Landlord have got some photos up on page 38 of the just ordered my CLA thread,if you need some more let me know,just to add its nice to see people making their own minds up about this beautiful car& not listening to so called experts from a tv show, hence the long waiting list...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ordered mine last week weekend and was told end of September / beginning of October for delivery. Just got a call to say this has slipped to end of October / beginning of November! Not sure why this has happened and why they didn't know this when a placed the order 4 days ago?

·
Registered
58 Posts
My initial predicted date is 01/2014 and it's not even a CLA45!

In due course I'm hoping the date will be brought forward.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.