Mercedes CLA Forum banner

UK Delivery Dates

23K views 49 replies 27 participants last post by  Jenster212 
#1 ·
My local dealer are being very cagey with regards to potential order dates, test drives and delivery dates. Anyone have anything semi concrete? I'm hoping for a September delivery but, judging by the other posts on this forum, am beginning to think that will be a tall ask?

#2 ·
First off, welcome to the site!

We have members here who have put down deposits and have been given dates ranging from June to January. That includes Canada, US and Malaysia and everything in between. I don't think anyone has any concrete dates just yet, only what dealers are speculating.

As the ordering process gets further along I think we'll have more consistent dates. Wish I could help more :(

#3 ·
First off, welcome to the site!

We have members here who have put down deposits and have been given dates ranging from June to January. That includes Canada, US and Malaysia and everything in between. I don't think anyone has any concrete dates just yet, only what dealers are speculating.

As the ordering process gets further along I think we'll have more consistent dates. Wish I could help more :(
Who in USA was able to put a deposit? I was at the dealer last Friday and nobody can take deposits yet...

#8 ·
This is on the Mercedes UK site:-

Five lines and packages are available to individualise the CLA-Class. Prices start at £24,693 for the CLA-Class 180.
Order now for first deliveries in April. Contact your local Mercedes-Benz Retailer for more information.

#12 ·
Not sure what's happening with the CLA in the UK. Called my local dealer yesterday and asked when a CLA would be available for viewing. Was told it would be soon but would put me through to a sales rep who would discuss the situation further. Said Sales Rep was then "Too busy" to talk to me and would call me back in 5 to 10 minutes. Still waiting....... Don't they want to sell these little gems?

#18 ·
Sigh... my local Merc dealership, one in Colchester, Essex, have been cagey with release dates, too.

They know very little about this model, convinced I was talking about the new A-Class, when I mentioned the CLA. Didn't exactly fill me with confidence.

I've taken the pre-release brochure away, but it doesn't contain pricing. Nor does it seem to contain the option for the beautiful neon-yellow stitching interior, I've seen available to German buyers.
Also, and I'm sure this has been mentioned many times before, when will we see the Configurator working on the UK site?! I can use Google translate to make the .DE, .FR and .BE sites readable... but model lines, engines and options/packs differ greatly.

I really do hope the CLA arrives soon. I need to replace my car and I'd rather not go Audi A5 sportback/A7 if I can avoid it. I've decided on a 5-door coupé.. just hope it's the CLA.

#22 ·
Hello Bigman,
I have seen the CLA at Dealership's in Norwich, kings Lynn, Bury St Edmunds, Ipswich and Peterborough so I would assume you should not have a problem to view and drive the car!!

I test drove the car on Wednesday, ordered Thursday, delivery 10 weeks (ish!!)
CLA220D AMG
Jupiter Red
Memory pack
Storage pack
Heated wash kit
Pan sunroof
Becker Sat nag

can give you the contact name of a great guy who will sort you out for a test drive, if required

by the way, I'm a 40k a year road rep - a conquest from BMW ---- it was FAB!!

Gary

#23 ·
hi guys, i went to look at the CLA in chester and was completey ignored by the staff , look inside outside and at the models on the forcourt , no one enagaged me so i walked off and went to BMW , they could not do enough. i am torn as i like the look of the CLA but the M sport 3 series is also on my list.

it does not end there, i went on web site and asked for delivery times from order,a test drive and details for a tow bar for my boat . parts responded re the tow bar but 2 weeks later sales have not contacted me , even tried just the test drive page and no response , i hope this was just the chester branch but such bad customer service has put me off . 30K in my pocket to replace my opt out car and no ones interested (apart from BMW) !!

#26 ·
Bronhaul - I will be beyond shocked if you get any discount as you have fully spec'd the car and agreed to the price when ordering.

Any discount will need to be done before doing this. Also MB seems to have a good order book now so there is no incentive to do any offers.

#28 ·
Bronhaul congrats on getting the better trade in. It seems second hand values are going in the right direction at the moment.

I just sold my a5 for £750 more than I was offered back in January and since then I put on 5,000 miles and it needs 4 new tyres all round at circa 800 and a service so I was over the moon.

Get some photos up.

#29 ·
Ordered my:
CLA 220 CDI Sport
Mountain Grey
Exclusive Pack
Mirror Pack
Storage Pack
Becker Map pilot
Media Interface

Ordered Beginning of June Expected delivery date is the end of July, its scheduled for building first week of July. I am currently a series BMW driver, this will be my first Merc apart from hire cars so I am looking forward to it.

#31 ·
Got a demo in a CLA220 tomorrow. Didn't even realise the car had been released! No contact from Mercedes UK, after I signed up for their email updates.. and no call from Colchester Merc! Don't seem very eager to see me one of these.

Anyway, I notice no one has gone for COMAND. Is this primarily a cost thing, or is the standard unit with the Becker SatNav more than capable?

#33 ·
I find that odd since I registered my interest a month ago, received a call from a saleman at the Hertfordshire dealership that very afternoon, and test drove the car the following Saturday. Placed my order on the Wednesday post the test drive with a £1,000 deposit and have confirmation that it will be ready for collection on 1 September. These guys are obviously desperate to sell these models......

Also, the Comand system is very dear, so I for one have opted for the iPhone Drive Kit Plus (installed at the local dealer) which costs about £600 and can cover most of what the Comand system offers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.