Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I have had my 220 CDI AMG sport for nearly two months and report that it is a very good car. My supplying dealer tells me that not only the sunroof option is causing delivery delays but also auto box option. If you want an auto ie the 220 in the UK expect to wait until at least February for delivery.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Nice to know, looking forward to getting mine in February, ordered early July, yes with the auto box, was scheduled to be November. Demand has been high and my dealer tells me they moved the factory.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi Folks,

New to the forum, I'm not UK based but just across the pond in Ireland. Waiting on an CLA 220CDI AMG Sport, (Automatic) the current build date I have is first week in February so hopefully that happens on time. Cannot wait for the car, how are you gentlemen finding the 18 inch run flats?

Regards
Michael

·
Registered
7 Posts
ordered mine in September. Should have my 180 amg first week in Feb! Concerned about the engine management light that many people seem to have a problem with though!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi Michael,

I picked up my CLA 220d CDI AMG on December 19th, I have covered 2,000 fault free and fun miles, came out of a BMW 320d SE with run flats and I thought that was a 'firm' ride but crikey!! the AMG feels like it's on cart wheels!!

I work for the Number One UK supplier that is 'Stapleton's Tyres' as a BDM Car Dealership Division and absolutely believe in the virtues of Run Flats but trust me - it's a bit bumpy!!

Apart from the fact that there's no coat hanger in the rear on the grip handles (only a pain if you have a jacket to keep smart!!) it's a fine and dandy machine, the engine note audibly increases and becomes more raspier in sport mode but the auto box is a tad lazy - you get used to it!! The Pano roof is worth every penny - tilts / slides, no leaks no whistles!!

Look forward to your CLA - you will fall in love with it's few character flaws!!

cheers

Gary

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi Gary,

Cheers for that, I cannot wait for the car to arrive :).

In regards to the extra bits I did add on a few extra's but did not bother with the pano roof, ended up going for the upgraded Harmon kardon sound system, heated front seats, light and sight, night package and the rear camera and the car is in white.

Ordered Nov 6th 2013
Build date I got was first week in Feb 2014
Delivery estimate around 2.5 weeks

I will see how I can live with the ride comfort when I get a good few runs on the car, my main worry is about buckling the wheels with those 40 profile rubber bands but will see how things go.

As for reading car reviews on the CLA it seems to be a mixed bag, some writers love it and others have no time for it, I think it's a fine car and the proof will be in the pudding that is long term ownership :).

Cheers
Michael

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hey Guys,

Good to know we have a fair few from the UK on here now, I've ordered my CLA and due to take delivery next week :D.

After reading these comments I'm appreciating the car more and more and can't wait to take it for a spin!!

Will post some pictures up.

Kalps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi. new to the forum. ordered mine on December 20th and been quoted 1st April for delivery. Not sure whether thats accurate. Anyone any info on times?
250 AMG4 matic/White
leather pack
pano roof
rear armrest

·
Registered
172 Posts
I ordered my CLA 220CDI AMG Sport on 26/10/13 with the following options:

Mountain Grey
Harman Kardon 7.1 Surround Sound
Becker Sat Nav

The lead time I was given at the time of ordering was was “late January, early February 2014” but i opted for the new 14 plate so asked for it on 01/03/14. After all the talk of delays in deliveries internationally due to supply issues and factories working at full capacity etc, I rang my dealer the other day to check if my delivery date is still March 2014. He double checked on the system and it is still showing as that date, and when I explained to him about the reported issues with supply and capacity etc he wasn’t aware of there being any issues (how much of that is a cover-up, I don’t know, as I never trust salesmen, but he was confident that I will get my car on 01/03/14.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I believe the issues are when sunroofs and other certain options are specified. Apparently the sunroof supplier supplies I sunroofs for other MB models and has issues supplying enough sunroofs to meet demand.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Apparently though, the auto gearbox was one of the components in short supply, and mine is an auto. Oh well, 5 weeks today and I will be picking it up! Can't wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Mercedes CLA Forum

Reactions: Kalps

·
Registered
58 Posts
Nice to know, looking forward to getting mine in February, ordered early July, yes with the auto box, was scheduled to be November. Demand has been high and my dealer tells me they moved the factory.
I ordered mine same time as you, explains why it'll be 7 Months when I receive it!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Crikey!

Mine is supposed to roll onto the production line in the first week of February, I really don't see that happening at this rate and think it will be at least late March/Early April by the time I get my CLA.

I am hoping you gentlemen get your CLA's without much more time to wait.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ordered my CLA45 in December but cancelled due to dates constantly changing instead opted for one a dealership had coming to the showroom with all the specs hopefully delivery on 1st march

·
Registered
33 Posts
Just an update my car has been made and is now at the port waiting dispatch guessing it's going to be around 2/3 weeks until I get the keys in hand.

Can't wait!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Just an update my car has been made and is now at the port waiting dispatch guessing it's going to be around 2/3 weeks until I get the keys in hand.

Can't wait!
How did you find this information out? I guess mine maybe in the same shipment as yours then, as mine has been promised for 1st March. When did you order yours?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hey there,

I ordered mine in the 6th November, the dealer had told me it was scheduled for production on the first week of February, had just checked in with him and got that update today.

Not sure if the Irish cars come into the country via the UK but that could well be the case, either way our two cars seem very close together on the production line.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hey there,

I ordered mine in the 6th November, the dealer had told me it was scheduled for production on the first week of February, had just checked in with him and got that update today.

Not sure if the Irish cars come into the country via the UK but that could well be the case, either way our two cars seem very close together on the production line.
Cool, i've just got off the phone to my sales rep. He said my car was due in on 3rd March, its now 28th Feb, so ive booked in to pick it up at 9am Saturday 1st March. He is going to email me the registration plate over when he has received them so i can arrange insurance. Its all starting to become more real now!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Oh nice one!

Your very close to getting it now, I wonder who'll be the first to get our CLA between the two of us? Seen one on the road today the excitement is definitely building!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Guys, can I join the race for delivery? My CL220 AMG Sport is due in March but I don't know what date (company lease). Still not seen many on the road yet so very excited and no Black ones!

1 - 20 of 72 Posts