Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks. I stumbled upon this video to add CarPlay to my 2015 CLA 250. My USB interface is different to the one in the video. I assume I can just upgrade the interface (I think I read this here a while ago....) Can anyone tell me what the part I might be looking for is? Has anyone done this themselves?

Car Automotive design Trunk Motor vehicle Vehicle door

· Registered
2,476 Posts
Hi folks. I stumbled upon this video to add CarPlay to my 2015 CLA 250. My USB interface is different to the one in the video. I assume I can just upgrade the interface (I think I read this here a while ago....) Can anyone tell me what the part I might be looking for is? Has anyone done this themselves?

View attachment 68976
I had mine upgraded at the dealership back when I first bought my 2015 CLA. I didn't bother to try to get the part itself, as it had to be ordered from Mercedes Germany. Plus there was also some software programming and updating required. Too much hassle to try to DIY.

· Registered
2015 CLA 250 4Matic Engineered by AMG
3 Posts

View attachment 68976

Did you find anything further out on this? i also looked at just buying a media capable interface and inserting but was told there was also some substantial programming required? You're probably in the same boat as me, just want to get apple car play activated and just have the two standard USB ports in the armrest?

· Registered
65 Posts

View attachment 68976
The video shows NTG 5.x and you have NTG 4.x. Some people have had luck in the past with a blue OBD dongle, but pretty sure it has to be in a specific range for manufacture date. Discussion around this was a lot more frequent a few years ago when the 2015’s were the newest & first gen, so you might have luck with the search bar. If you get a dongle and it brick’s your head unit I take no liability lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts