Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it looks like some markets are selling CLA's fast and others not so much . Even on eBay sport package black on black and not sold yet . I got a feeling in a few short weeks/ months there will be CLAs on the used market with a nice 15% to 20 % reduction in price

·
Registered
871 Posts
So it looks like some markets are selling CLA's fast and others not so much . Even on eBay sport package black on black and not sold yet . I got a feeling in a few short weeks/ months there will be CLAs on the used market with a nice 15% to 20 % reduction in price
Most people who bought the CLA250 know exactly what they are getting. Being the lowest entry MB ever, you should not be expecting the drive of an S Class. I think they are just happy to know they are driving a Mercedes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I traded in my v6 c300 for a cla250 sport package with pano roof and I'm not regreting it, I love my cla.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Mercedes CLA Forum mobile app

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Not quite so soon, may be in a year or so. So many of my friends still haven't heard of the CLA and they would all be interested.
The CLA is going to be a commodity. Hence one shouldn't overpay to drive it early. My dealer said they will have a fleet of CLA250 as loaners as soon as they have met all immediate demand.
If you pay $43k ( $40k + tax ) today for a loaded CLA and come back to trade it in for a CLA45 in two years, you will get $24k for the car.
If you pay $33k ( $31k + tax) today for a base CLA and come back to trade it in for a CLA45 in two years, you will get $20k for the car.

So wait a year. Get a decent discount on a sensibly optioned car, get none of the add on junk and this will be a very nice car for a while.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Once the 2015 model comes out, you will get the BEST deal on 2014 model...

I'm a car nut; I'm 37 and I bought 19 cars in past 17 years..I know I really need help; too bad Freud is not longer around :)

Anyway, in 2004 I bought C240 wagon, the sticker price was 37k and I paid 29.5k....in 2005 I bought BMW 325i with sport and premium package; list price around 37k and I paid $30,700...

There are deals out there, you just need a good timing.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Once the 2015 model comes out, you will get the BEST deal on 2014 model...

I'm a car nut; I'm 37 and I bought 19 cars in past 17 years..I know I really need help; too bad Freud is not longer around :)

Anyway, in 2004 I bought C240 wagon, the sticker price was 37k and I paid 29.5k....in 2005 I bought BMW 325i with sport and premium package; list price around 37k and I paid $30,700...

There are deals out there, you just need a good timing.
The C240 was due for a new interior in 2005 so the 2004 were getting big discounts.
The 325i was being phased out in 2005 as the completely new E9x 4 doors was coming in 2006.
My point is, those were great deals because of either major face lift coming or replacement models imminent.
The CLA is brand new and long anticipated. There will be little room for bargaining.
The bargains are the out going C-class sedans.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The C240 was due for a new interior in 2005 so the 2004 were getting big discounts.
The 325i was being phased out in 2005 as the completely new E9x 4 doors was coming in 2006.
My point is, those were great deals because of either major face lift coming or replacement models imminent.
The CLA is brand new and long anticipated. There will be little room for bargaining.
The bargains are the out going C-class sedans.
Thats exactly right! This is why I bought the 325i, I didnt like the look of the new model. True car has $4,400 off the sticker on 2013 C class, but you can still do better on the price...

With this being said, I think the hype of CLA 250 will be over soon. Don't give me wrong, I really like the look of this car, but it is not comfortable car for a average/big guy...Once the 2015 model is out, you will be able to get a nice discount, it will be just another car on the lot. Kind of like the 230 Compressor back in the years...

·
Registered
381 Posts
I would never buy a used car that's only been used for several weeks. It makes me wonder the hell happened to the car? Did the transmission fall out when the owner drove it off the dealer's lot? Is it the result of some lemon law scenario? Normal people don't buy a brand new car and then sell it weeks later.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I just bought one used, previous owner had it for three days before returned the car due to his commander at home did not like the color (It was black with black int.) So, I scooped it up with only 42 miles and $1,500 saving.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
I just bought one used, previous owner had it for three days before returned the car due to his commander at home did not like the color (It was black with black int.) So, I scooped it up with only 42 miles and $1,500 saving.
On a turn around like this, the guy, on a $35k car, probably lost $6000-$8000 including sales tax and license.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
As hot as this car is suppose to be and hard to get in certain markets there seems to be a lot floating around with sports packages and pano roofs for people to get quit easily. In saying this we on this forum are and were excited for the CLA but I do not get that feel by the general pubic ie my friends and fellow triathletes. Now maybe more advertising before the holidays start and tax season(refund checks) might make this car move but I feel its not going to be a mover and shakers in the market. I mean a 2013 C250 sports package with 3000 miles is going for $33K at the MB dealer and else where in the high $20K range and the car was originally $45K.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts